Associate Director of Operations
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Leadership Tennessee, the only statewide community leadership program in Tennessee, cultivates a network of business, nonprofit, education, and government leaders who are committed to addressing the state’s challenges and opportunities around issues of state importance.
Citizens with demonstrated community and professional leadership from every region of the state bring their diverse backgrounds and experiences to an in-depth exploration of the complex issues facing Tennessee, with a focus on how leaders can collaborate effectively to address those issues.
As a program, Leadership Tennessee will provide:
- Collaborative learning and dialogue spanning the three grand divisions
- Neutral, non-partisan, and Issue-specific education for demonstrated and emerging leaders
- Diverse representation of participants
- Opportunities to affect change
Leadership Tennessee’s Associate Director of Operations will play a critical role in advancing the organization’s work across the state. This position requires an independent and creative thinker who iscanork in close and productive collaboration with Leadership Tennessee staff and will be responsible for supporting internal operations, along with all Leadership Tennessee programs.
The Associate Director of Operations will report to Leadership Tennessee’s President & CEO and will work closely with the Director of Community Engagement.
- Coordinate daily operations of the Leadership Tennessee office.
- Ensure the security, integrity, and confidentiality of data.
- Coordinate and maintain Leadership Tennessee participant, alumni, and vendor files, invoices, and payments.
- Assist the President & CEO and Director of Community Engagement in maintaining financial records for the organization’s budget and grant reports.
- Provide special event coordination and direction for all programs as needed.
- Support all digital spaces for Member interaction:
- Marketplace for all electronic payments to Leadership Tennessee (program fees, donations, annual and special giving, special programs)
- Member CRM
- Maintain online platforms for managing all records, payments, and interactions with all Leadership Tennessee constituents in an online CRM.
- Coordinate social media outreach for all programs on various platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Support the development and maintenance of relationships with current and potential participants and program partners.
- Work closely with the President & CEO for the execution of fundraising and membership campaigns.
- Lead logistical support for each session location, including lodging, transportation, catering, venues, etc., for all programs for all special events and non-program-related events.
- Work closely with Leadership Tennessee staff and partners in communities across the state to plan and implement programs and events, including but not limited to negotiating speakers, making lodging and meeting space reservations for staff and groups, selecting menus, and making travel arrangements for all Leadership Tennessee programs.
- Assist with planning and design of custom public engagement strategies for public engagement conversations and alumni engagement projects as needed.
- Assist with the maintenance of physical and online spaces.
- Work closely with Leadership Tennessee staff and partners to lead logistical vision and support for special events.
- Lead digital and print communication strategies including press releases, social media activity, website maintenance, etc.
- Support the development and maintenance of member, alumni, and partner communications.
- Work closely with the Leadership Tennessee staff to maintain the member database.
- Work closely with the President & CEO, Director of Community Engagement, and contracted communications and graphic design professionals in the creation of annual publications and mailings.
Candidates must be capable of managing multiple tasks and people simultaneously in a fast-paced environment where collaboration, optimism, courage, innovation, and excellence are highly valued. Superb writing skills, outstanding analytical skills, and excellent communication skills are necessary.
Candidates should be flexible and team-oriented, have strong interpersonal skills, and have proficient-to-advanced skills with Google Drive and Mac OS. Candidates must be comfortable with many forms of social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, and have website maintenance experience.
Candidates should have experience in organizing, planning, and executing large events.
Candidates must be available for occasional travel in support and execution of all Leadership Tennessee programs.
A bachelor’s degree is required and event management experience is preferred.
Possibility for remote work. Candidates will need the availability to travel with the team across the state during sessions.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: November 18, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Community Development
- Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000