Associate Director of Development
Nashville International Center for Empowerment
Nashville International Center for Empowerment, established in 2005, is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) ethnic community-based organization dedicated to ensure refugees and immigrants achieve their full potential now and for generations to come. The Associate Director of Development will report to the Chief Development and Education Officer. The Associate Director of Development will manage all individual giving and fundraising events, and work with the grant writing team. Remote work is optional, but candidate must be located in the Nashville area.
- Maintain relationships with individual donors using methods such as phone banking, one-on-one meetings, direct mail, email marketing, etc.
- Maintain NICE’s donor database, Kindful
- Increase donations from individuals, corporations and community organizations by soliciting new donors and increased gifts from existing donors
- Grow and maintain monthly giving programs, including The NICE Neighborhood and NICE Candles Monthly Subscription
- Manage organizational communications including website, blog, monthly e-newsletter and social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
- Represent NICE through public speaking engagements with local universities, community organizations, foundations and other nonprofit organizations
- Develop and execute unique fundraising campaigns for The Big Payback, Giving Tuesday, etc.
- Develop and facilitate fundraising events, virtual or in person, throughout the year. This includes NICE’s annual benefit dinner, One World, One Dream.
- Hire and manage a team of three interns on a semester basis
- Work with the grant writing team to write grant applications, budgets and budget narratives for all federal, state and foundation grant opportunities
- Work with the grant writing team to pursue new grant funders
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships and effectively engage stakeholders to accomplish common goals.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate and communicate effectively with diverse audiences
- Experience managing multiple tasks simultaneously with high attention to detail in a fast-paced, rapid-growth, and intellectually-demanding environment.
- Ability to remain flexible and responsive to evolving program needs
- Strategic thinking with ability to execute tasks while ensuring work is targeted and aligned with organizational strategic plan
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to apply innovative ideas to new program development
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working with individual donors, writing grant applications and developing/facilitating fundraising events
- Minimum 2-3 management experience
- Experience with communications and social media platforms including WordPress, MailChimp, Later, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Experience developing graphics in alignment with brand guidelines using Canva or Adobe Illustrator
- Experience working with refugees and immigrants and/or populations outside of the United States preferred but not required
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite, CRM databases and data systems
- Knowledge of Nashville community and local foundations preferred but not required
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 40 pounds.
Paid holidays, vacation and PTO, health care reimbursement, and 401k
How to Apply
Send resume, cover letter, and 2-3 page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No calls. Applications without requested information will not be considered.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
Nashville International Center for Empowerment does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion (creed), gender, gender identity/expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors and vendors.
- Date Posted: June 10, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 08/02/2021
- Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk M-F 9:00 AM-5:00 PM