High Hopes Development Center
Associate Director of Development
High Hopes Development Center
The primary goal of the Associate Director of Development is to work with the Director of Development and the Executive Director in all efforts to further develop and implement fundraising strategies to secure revenue for the organization. Qualified candidates will possess grant writing skills, event planning experience, and strong Word, Excel, and database management skills with a can-do attitude, positive outlook on life, robust critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and a commitment to the mission of High Hopes Development Center to equip children, youth, and their families with the skills necessary to achieve success through education, therapeutic services, and loving support.
- Work with Director of Development to implement operational and capital fundraising strategies and oversee annual fundraising plan.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor donor relationships.
- Partner with all members of the development team, finance team, and other departments as needed to spearhead development efforts and coordinate various development activities.
- Help to organize and manage logistical details of large and small fundraising events.
- Maintain grant opportunities, database for grants submitted or intend to be submitted, perform grant research, write proposals for grant opportunities, and prepare all necessary grant follow up reports for grants you have submitted.
- Perform donor database management including: recording daily gifts into donor database, calling an assigned range of donors to thank them for gifts, and ensuring accuracy of donor records in database.
- Exhibit excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet multiple deadlines without dread and with strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Exhibit excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, work effectively with staff, board, volunteers, and donors/friends in the community.
- Represent High Hopes at a variety of community events.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, nonprofit management, or related field, preferred.
- Experience in non-profit fund development with an understanding of the non-profit culture.
- Ability to learn new ideas quickly in an ever-changing environment and a strong work ethic.
- Self-starter with ability to work both independently and without close oversight, but also be a collaborative team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside the organization.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and database management.
- Energetic, self-motivated, flexible, and personable; able to multi-task and work in hands-on work environment.
6 paid holidays (seven national holidays and nine seasonal breaks); insurance benefits (health, dental, and vision); supplemental insurance (AFLAC); 401k offered; and paid time off (PTO).
How to Apply
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Brandy Blanton, Director of Development, email@example.com.
- Date Posted: June 29, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Working Hours: 40 hrs