St. George’s Episcopal Church
Associate Director of Children’s and Family Ministries
St. George’s Episcopal Church
Purpose: Primary purpose of this position is to support the Children’s and Family Ministries by managing content and administrative and logistical details of the Wednesday Night 5th-6th Graders, Children’s Chapel, special events, and youth volunteers, and other areas as assigned by the Director of Children’s and Family Ministries.
Reports to: Director of Children’s and Family Ministries
Annual Review: Director of Children’s and Family Ministries
Full time w/benefits (40 hours per week)
Specific Responsibilities of this Position include:
Mid-Week 5th-6th Graders
• Build and run a weekly mid-week evening offering for 5th-6th graders with the goal of fostering faith, fun, and fellowship over food, games, and study of the Bible.
• Plan and implement schedule of events.
• Handle all communications including emails, room reservations, bulletin announcements, and parent communications.
• Recruit, train, and lead volunteers.
• Creates a vibrant, friendly, engaging environment for children preK-6th grade to learn about God.
• Builds content and flow of weekly children’s chapel.
• Identifies, recruits, and manages adult and youth volunteers.
• Implements and maintains schedule.
• Assesses and manages materials needs.
• Assists with logistical aspects of training volunteers.
• Works closely with St. Dunstan’s Choir Director to integrate their music into Children’s Chapel.
• Manages all special events, including family lunches, VBS, Advent Fair, Christmas Pageant, Fall Kick-Off, etc.
o Recruits and liaises with parent volunteers to run events.
o Composes and submits all communications, e.g., posters, Shield, and bulletin announcements, web site updates, email blast information.
o Submits facilities request in a timely manner and ensures clear understanding of needs.
o Manages logistical details, including day of the event.
• Works with the Associate Director of Youth Ministries to insure a smooth transition to Middle School Youth Group.
• Assists in planning and running of monthly fellowship opportunities for families.
• Manages weekly children’s bulletin production and distribution, along with associated materials like worship bags.
• Assists in supporting Sunday School teachers, volunteers, and classrooms.
• Composes and sends weekly parent update.
• Assists in volunteer training events.
• Maintains Children’s & Family Ministries Bulletin Board and Family Resource Table.
• Supports the Director with administrative and day-to-day running of the Sunday School program.
• Assists with sacramental and baptismal prep.
• A sincere desire to see children and their families grow in the love and knowledge of God.
• Possess a deep personal faith with the ability to share it with others.
• Works well in a team while being able to take initiative and work independently.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
• Energetic, creative, flexible, and resourceful.
• Proficient in basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
How to Apply
Applicants can email a cover letter and resume to Cate Jones, Director of Children’s and Family Ministries, at email@example.com by Friday, March 5, 2021.
- Date Posted: February 23, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Religious
- Start Date: 04/07/2021