Division of TennCare
TennCare is made up of the Tennessee Medicaid program, the Office of eHealth Initiatives, the Strategic Planning Initiatives Group and Cover Tennessee. TennCare’s Office of General Counsel (OGC) is responsible for providing legal advice and counsel to all divisions of TennCare. OGC’s Estate Recovery Unit is responsible for TennCare’s estate recovery program. As required by federal law, estate recovery is the process by which TennCare recoups payments for long term care services from the estates of individuals who received these services while living. This unit handles a high volume of estate recovery cases and is responsible for recovering over $25 million annually.
• Review and analyze incoming estate recovery cases
• Research, prepare, and file pleadings in estate recovery cases
• Represent TennCare in estate recovery hearings throughout Tennessee
• Correspond and negotiate with parties involved in estate recovery cases
• Assist in training of new estate recovery attorneys and support staff as needed
• Collaborate with the estate recovery contractor to ensure contract compliance
• Propose and implement ways to streamline estate recovery processes and procedures
• Juris Doctor from an accredited college or university
• Active License to practice law in Tennessee
• Applicants must have strong organization and oral and written communication skills.
• Applicants must have the ability to work independently and prioritize assignments.
• Applicants must maintain excellent professional and interpersonal relationships and have the ability to take on multiple tasks on a volume of pending cases.
• Litigation experience is strongly preferred.
• Experience in high volume practice (such as credit, collection, or bankruptcy cases) and/or experience in probate/estate planning is preferred.
For more information about the great benefits available to State of Tennessee employees; click here: https://www.tn.gov/hr/employees1/benefits.html
How to Apply
Please go to https://www.tn.gov/careers/apply-here.html. Search by “job title” or by “TennCare” to see all of our current job opportunities. Apply today!
- Date Posted: October 7, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Legal
- Service Area: Government