Graceworks Ministries, Inc.
Assistant to the Director of Development
Graceworks Ministries, Inc.
The Assistant to the Director of Development holds three key responsibilities: 1. To assist the Director of Development; 2. administrative donor appreciation tasks; and 3. data entry, reporting, and manipulation to equip the Development team.
First, they will provide administrative support to the Director of Development, managing a high volume of emails, his/her calendar, organizing tasks, and more. The second primary responsibility is inputting donations into Salesforce (with their part-time report of Donor Data Assistant). The position will be issuing the thank you receipt letters and other administrative donors’ cultivation tasks. Finally, they lead the process of inputting, organizing, and updating development data utilizing the Salesforce system to create reports to equip the Development team.
- Manage the Director of Development’s calendar. Manage requests from staff and donors for Director’s time. Manage automatic scheduler (Calendly) to provide a link that allows others to schedule time on his/her calendar.
- Manage the Director of Development’s emails. Organize incoming emails into prioritized categories for the Director of Development to ensure most important emails are handled quickly. Proactively respond to emails or forward emails to the correct party that the Director does not need to handle personally.
- Coordinate team meetings, agendas, and materials.
- Provide weekly/daily rundowns for the Director of Development, including a calendar, tasks for the day, and questions on items you may handle on his/her behalf.
- Assist with fundraising events and campaign/appeal activities. Including helping pay postage at the post office, creating giving links for appeals, and event duties as assigned.
- Process expense reports and mileage reports for the Director of Development
- Maintain the Development calendar for significant dates, including events, staff birthdays, meetings, and anniversaries and help prepare celebrations.
- Assist with errands such as making purchases for meetings, preparing for staff birthday/anniversary celebrations, etc.
Donor Appreciation Duties
- Input all donor data within 24 hours of the gift received.
- Adhere to 48 hours turnaround on donor receipts.
- Manage donor thank you task lists in ToDoIst and Salesforce for the Director of Development and assist with completing some tasks on behalf of the Director of Development.
- Work with Staff Writer to keep the Letter Library up to date. Keep the Thank You Manual up to date and upload letters into Salesforce.
- Order, schedule delivery and assist the Director of Development with acquiring any gifts for donors.
Salesforce/Donor Data Duties
- Manage data entry for cash, check, pass-through giving, grantor, and other financial and in-kind donations.
- Oversee Data Entry Assistant
- Create and maintain reports in Salesforce to inform all fundraising posts of the activity in their portfolio, inform overall giving trends, create mailing and email lists, and track activities/tasks
- Maintain Development employee dashboards within Salesforce that provides reports and charts that can inform the success of their goals.
- Access the 10th Avenue Salesforce Support ticket program to request help from our support consultants on Salesforce issues.
- Keep donor database records current, complete, and consistent.
- Manage the qGiv system. Identify and correct errors between qGiv and Salesforce. Create giving links in qGiv system. Build link to requested specifications, ensure the URL is embedded on a GraceWorks branded URL, and make sure it automatically updates Salesforce.
- Maintain Development Salesforce Manual and train development employees on Salesforce, including creating accounts/contacts, editing accounts, adding tasks, tracking emails, accessing reports, etc.
- Able to react to change productively and handle all other duties/essential tasks as assigned.
Part-Time Data Entry Position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a high ability to multitask and give attention to detail. Must have significant experience with Salesforce or a high degree of experience with a similar platform. They must have a professional and friendly writing style that effectively communicates on behalf of the Director of Development. Must exercise confidentiality with sensitive materials. Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite or comparable programs is a must. Individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Experience and a high degree of comfort with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, and Google Suite
Understanding/acquaintance with task and project management applications/concepts
Knowledge of Salesforce Nonprofit CRM or other related systems
A motivated, energetic self-starter with strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and an appreciation for accuracy. The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; technology and ability to learn quickly; developed organizational skills, including excellent time and self-management skills; Strong sense of initiative and ownership of projects; ability to remain calm under pressure; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; ability to work independently and as a part of a team. Strong interpersonal skills showing a professional and compassionate demeanor.
Insurance, PTO, Employee discount, Retirement Plan with Match, and much more.
How to Apply
Email: Cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: April 27, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Salary Range: 38000 - 44000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm