You Have the Power
Assistant to the CEO
You Have the Power
The Assistant to the CEO (ATC) works directly as the CEO’s assistant, addressing internal and external needs that support the long-term strategies and outreach of You Have the Power (YHTP). The ATC identifies and obtains information needed for the agency’s growth and functioning,and communicates that information in a quality consistent with the mission of YHTP.
This position acts as the eyes and ears of YHTP, facilitating communications between staff, partner agencies, donors, and the public. It requires strong verbal and written communication skills for press releases, newsletters, social media postings, website copy, presentation materials, and meetings. The ATC will coordinate information from YHTP staff and committees on ongoing projects, briefing all staff members on changes in priorities as needed.
The ATC tracks action items and deadlines, helping YHTP manage relationships with agency partners, stakeholders, and constituents. The ATC represents the CEO or the agency at meetings when requested, follows up on meetings and relationships for the CEO, maintains files and minutes, and follows up with people by email and phone on the CEO’s behalf.
- Responsibilities include
• Assist the preparation of the CEO and other staff for meetings and presentations, including providing and organizing background notes, agendas, and other materials.
• Management of contact lists and calendars for multiple ongoing projects with ongoing follow up.
• Coordination of strategic planning efforts and special projects with YHTP staff.
• Research on organizations, speaking engagements, and policies related to YHTP efforts and mission.
• Regular updates to social media with content related to agency events and priorities.
• Development of media plans for targeted audiences. This may include writing copy for presentations, solicitations, speeches, newsletters, resource guides, press releases, websites, and social media posts, as well as some graphic design for flyers and other promotional material. Additionally, the IC will evaluate the effectiveness of these approaches and realign strategy as needed.
• Maintenance of the agency website, updating with new media and announcements as needed.
• Curation of the agency’s resource guides, including
o editing/updating guides to reflect changes in contact information, new statistics, and emerging trends in criminal activity
o collaboration with other staff on necessary revisions,
o preparing guides for mailing/delivery to people/agencies requesting hard copies
o tracking hard copies in stock, and coordinating reprints with the Director of Operations
• Representation of YHTP at select external committee meetings and report back information promptly to staff members.
• Ensuring the completion of grant requirements given specific grants’ timelines and parameters, specifically the number of presentations necessary to fulfill grant requirements.
• Interact with victims/survivors, partners, and potential partners via office phone, email, online chat, in person, social media and provide referrals to victims/survivors
• Additional duties as delegated by the CEO.
• A college degree or 2 years’ equivalent experience.
• Strong computer skills, including fluency in select Microsoft Office platforms (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Publisher), WordPress, Adobe, and Google Suite, Venngage and Filmora Wondershare
• Fluency in social media platforms and analytics, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and LinkedIn. Google My Business, Snapchat, and YouTube
• Availability for general office hours (9 AM-5 PM, Monday through Friday), with some rare evenings and weekends required for special events, committee meetings, community involvement, and presentations.
• Bilingual a plus
• Experience developing graphics, infographics, and newsletters
• Ideal candidates…
• Are highly organized.
• Demonstrate a high degree of integrity.
• Not merely listen but can evaluate and relay communication of what people are saying (and not saying) when identifying issues.
• Understand the value of all feedback.
• Keep communication open on all levels.
• Work as part of a team
• Can respond calmly and supportively to accounts by victims of violent crime.
• Tolerate and embrace different cultural values.
• Self-start and complete assignments and projects.
• Can work on several projects simultaneously.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commiserate with experience. Benefits include ten paid holidays, generous vacation days and self-directed benefit stipend. Job is basically 9-5, M-F. Occasional evening and weekends.
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter outlining your strengths, experience and salary requirements, resume, and references with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
YHTP follows CDC protocol. Covid vaccine required. YHTP is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: July 29, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: M-F 9-5