Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
Assistant Graphic Designer and Website Coordinator
Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
The Assistant Graphic Designer and Website Coordinator position plays an important role in the creation and production of Goodwill’s visual communication materials to help support Goodwill’s departments internal/external goals and objectives. From concept through execution, this position’s goal is to work with the Creative Services Manager to produce quality materials and designs that communicate effectively and bring about greater awareness of programs, services, events, fundraising needs, company culture and administrative messages to Goodwill employees, clients, customers and donors.
- Under the creative direction of the Creative Services Manager, collaborate with marketing teammates and other Goodwill departments to support Goodwill’s internal and external communication efforts through print materials, signage, social media, email and web channels.
- Meets with representatives form various departments to determine the scope of a project and to discuss and/or present ideas, concepts, and designs.
- Works with in-house subject matter experts to create relevant content and communication pieces.
- Edits, proofreads and organizes copy and content into appealing visual presentations and design solutions.
- Creates graphics and templates to help support other marketing team members with visual communications on social media, video, email, website blog and other communications channels.
- Managers other design needs such as presentations, signage, promotional collateral and event materials as needed.
- Production-oriented tasks such as updating and editing existing documents, designs and webpages.
- Successfully participates in and deploys all operational projects in a timely manner.
- Prepares accurately a wide variety of directional and regulatory signs where close care and attention to detail is required as errors could result in serious damage or loss.
- Creates art and graphic design work for printed documents, posters, and reports. Select colors, images, text style, and layout.
- Stays up to date with the latest software and computer technologies.
- Is knowledgeable of and complies with all company policies and procedures at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, communications or other related field
- 2+ years work experience designing clean, informational and captivating visual designs.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates design skills and software knowledge.
- Strong expertise in leading design and web software applications. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and WordPress or similar.
Preferred Education / Experience / Knowledge & Skills / Certifications & License
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite or similar technologies.
- Experience in working with WordPress – ability to updated themes, plugins, pages and blog content.
- Comfortable engaging with others to gather and implement design requirements.
- Knowledge of the standard practices, methods, materials, tools, equipment, and processes used in the preparation and lettering of business, retail , and directional signs posters, and other graphic materials on all types of surfaces.
- Experience working with outside print vendors, knowledge of the printing process and use of preflighting tools to assure designs are printed accurately and professionally.
- Ability to prepare designs, presentations, sketches and artwork.
- Ability to process all assignments with a high degree of creativity, independence, and competency under pressures of time constraint.
- Ability to proactively take on new projects and work diligently to implement new materials and methods that help improve communications.
Health and Prescription Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Paid Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Direct Deposit
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly on our website: https://goodwillmiddletn.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/goodwill/job/Nashville-TN/Assistant-Graphic-Designer-and-Website-Coordinator_13242
- Date Posted: January 28, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 01/29/2021