Assistant Director, Women’s Life Recovery Program
Nashville Rescue Mission
At Nashville Rescue Mission, you have the opportunity to change lives forever.
We are actively seeking the fill the position of Assistant Director of the Life Recovery Program (Women’s Campus). The primary responsibility of the Assistant Director will be to support the Director and act on his/her behalf in their absence to manage and protect the day-to-day operation and schedule of a long-term, residential program for those battling addiction or other life-debilitating issues.
This position might be for you if:
You Are Strong In Your Faith
You have a passion for helping the lost and hurting. You have a high energy level and a readiness to take on significant challenges. You can think and act decisively with purpose and integrity. You can gracefully navigate the unique dynamics of working in a Christ-focused organization while being a proactive leader.
You’re An Inspiring Communicator
You have excellent interpersonal skills and can build trusted relationships at all levels, internally and externally. Regardless of the form of communication (listening, verbal, nonverbal, emotional awareness, written, or communicating in stressful situations) you have a natural ability to read an audience and intuitively know how best to respond. You are comfortable counseling individuals, teaching a class, or leading chapel for groups of all sizes.
You Are A Team Leader
You make people feel important and appreciated. You can lead a diverse team to assure that daily schedule, goals, and overall environment are consistently maintained to excellent standards. You actively participate in teaching classes, special events, activities, staff meetings, and more (including some weekends and holidays). You don’t avoid conflict but seek to resolve it effectively and swiftly. You try to understand through conversations and not confrontations. You can maintain an open, candid, transparent management style.
You Are Committed
You are focused on making sure the program is Gospel-centered and is consistently balanced in these areas: physically, spiritually, mentally, and socially/emotionally; while also taking into account the human element. You provide the motivation and inspiration to retain a qualified and professional team of staff and volunteers.
- BS/BA in Theology/Social Services – Preferred Masters level or 5-7 years’ experience in biblical recovery leadership. Three to five years teaching experience is desired.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Team player with positive and optimistic attitude.
- Proven ability to recruit train, lead and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and demonstrates sound judgment, initiative and independent thinking.
- Professional image with excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Able to drive, possesses valid driver’s license and personal transportation.
- Strong biblical knowledge and application skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, as well as general office skills.
- Strong public speaking/communication skills.
- Strong management and personal interactive skills.
- Requires an enthusiastic personality who can develop harmonious relationships with staff, participants, volunteers and community leaders.
- Requires an individual with a sincere enjoyment of time spent with the program participants and an appreciation of their needs and the knowledge of how to educate and implement specific training goals to assure each participants ability to function in an independent manner.
- Requires strong conflict resolutions skills along with the ability to demonstrate sound judgment, initiative and independent thinking.
HEALTH BENEFITS, TIME AWAY FROM WORK, LIFE INSURANCE AND MORE
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community. To apply, click NRM Careers and upload your resume or you may send your resume to HR@NashvilleRescueMission.org.
- Date Posted: July 30, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)