Nashville Rescue Mission
Assistant Director, Operations
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here!
At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a full-time Assistant Director to join our Operations team. Are you the right person?
The Assistant Director of Operations is responsible for the administration of the work therapy element of the Life Recovery Program, overseeing all chores to be completed by Life Recovery Program participants under staff supervision. The Assistant Director of Operations is also responsible for the management of custodial services and the warehouse including gifts-in-kind and upholds the Mission Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct at all times.
- Performs probationary, mid-year and year-end employee evaluations for all direct reports.
- Work Therapy:
- Assigns, schedules, and oversees all the work therapy duties in the various ministries within the Mission in accordance with the work therapy policies and departmental needs of the Mission.
- Provides timely reports and feedback concerning Program participants’ performance with respect to work therapy
- Supervises the Program laundry
- Supervises the Program clothing room
- Provides oversight and quality control in the custodial, warehouse and gifts-in-kind ministries.
- Directly supervises the gifts-in-kind ministry and Gifts-in-Kind Supervisor.
- Directly supervises the custodial ministry and Custodial Coordinator.
- Directly supervises the warehouse ministry and Warehouse Supervisor.
- Works with other departments as needed for special projects.
- Controls inventory of food, hygiene, and paper goods. Orders and distributes those supplies for both campuses.
- Required to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- High school Diploma or GED equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- One year maintenance experience.
- Working knowledge of basic Human Resource concepts.
- Working knowledge of basic managerial concepts.
- Excellent reading and writing skills; typing/computer usage; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must hold a Valid Tennessee driver’s license and be insurable by the Mission’s insurance company.
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to the hungry, homeless, and hurting in Middle Tennessee.
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community.
To apply, visit Careers at Nashville Rescue Mission to upload your resume or email your resume to HR@NashvilleRescueMission.org.
- Date Posted: September 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.