The Next Door
Assistant Director of Nursing
The Next Door
The Next Door provides a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
Responsible for providing clinical support for TND clients as well as managing, hiring, training, scheduling, and monitoring performance of nurses and clinical associates working with TND clients being served 24/7 through our treatment continuum in Nashville. Ensure functional adherence to quality and professional standards. Develop processes necessary to create client-focused and successful medical services.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- In conjunction with Director of Nursing (DON) assist with hiring, developing, and maintaining nursing staff schedule and adequate prn pool.
- Assist with onboarding of all medical new hires including follow-ups in 30, 60, and 90 day periods.
- Be willing to cover nursing shifts on occasion if necessary to maintain appropriate staffing ratios.
- Alternate weekly administrative on-call duties with DON.
- Schedule and supervise intern-led medical groups; ensure progress notes are adequately completed and documented in Aura by the end of day.
- Liaison between pharmacy and clients to inform clients of medication co-pays, if needed.
- Work alongside DON and providers to implement and maintain a medication formulary.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of nursing staff.
- In conjunction with DON, oversee Infection Control practices.
- Maintain 24-hour accountability for quality of care and appropriate staffing.
- Ensure the TND clinic remains organized, clean and professionally presentable at all times; all PHI stored properly and out of sight.
- Collaborate with Medical Director, Director of Nursing, Nursing Staff, Direct Care Staff, Counselors, Clinical Directors, other Department Managers and Compliance Manager in Quality Assessment, Compliance, Safety, and Performance Improvement Activities.
- Maintain compliance with Tennessee Board of Nursing Laws, Rules and Regulations including CEU/CME.
- Model skills required to maintain a therapeutic milieu by demonstrating mastery of therapeutic communication techniques.
- Monitor clinical documentation of nursing personnel to ensure adherence to organization, state and federal requirements.
- Work with operations staff to ensure accurate data is reported in TND EHR and ensure that all technology is up to date and effective.
- Assist with triaging clients who need to be further evaluated by APNs and/or MD.
- Routinely collaborate with leadership and colleagues to promote TND’s positive culture.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Valid unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Tennessee required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Experience working with psychiatric disorders and substance use disorders required.
- Experience working with clients being medically detoxed strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years full time experience as a Registered Nurse preferred.
- Experience in managing others in a leadership capacity strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to triage medical and psychiatric concerns and determine most appropriate dispositions to ensure quality client care required.
- Possess proficient computer skills Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Valid Driver’s license.
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times:
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
BCBST health insurance; Employee Assistance Program; Teladoc; 401K with partial match; six paid holidays plus one floating holiday; Paid Time Off; professional development hours.
How to Apply
Visit www.thenextdoor.org to submit your resume and complete an application.
- Date Posted: September 24, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk