Nashville Rescue Mission
Assistant Director of Guest Services
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here!
At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking an Assistant Director, Guest Services to join our Men’s Guest Services team. Are you the right person?
The Assistant Director, Guest Services provides encouragement to those who come to Men’s Guest Services for assistance. Responsible for the daily operations of 1st shift as well as administrative functions and staff scheduling for Men’s Guest Services. When required, provides on-duty leadership to fill-in in an emergency or on weekends while leading by example in Christian Ministry.
- Oversees Men’s Guest Services department in the absence of the department Director.
- Supervises Men’s Guest Services Supervisors.
- Inputs schedules and approves time off in payroll system.
- Maintains files of information required by the Director.
- Prepares letters and forms as required.
- Maintains records and files of information required by the Director of Men’s Guest Services.
- Performs weekly walk through checking facility for repairs or needed replacements.
- Cooperates with other team members, assisting them as needed.
- Receives and distributes all mail.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies and forms to meet ministry needs.
- Conducts tours of the ministry with visitors.
- Oversees the distribution of lockers, maintain locker records and perform locker searches.
- Assists other staff in encouraging guests to seek program help and serve as a witness for the Lord Jesus Christ by personal evangelism.
- May teach classes with clients according to skills and abilities.
- Cooperates with team members, assisting them as needed.
- Works in close, friendly cooperation with the other NRM ministry teams.
- Meets with team members weekly; updating weekly report forms.
- BS/BA in Theology/Social Services or similar field or 5 years’ experience in homeless services.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills are essential to job.
- Must be a team player and have positive and optimistic attitude.
- Proficient in computer skills.
- Must hold and maintain a valid drivers’ license.
HEALTH BENEFITS, TIME AWAY FROM WORK, LIFE INSURANCE AND MORE
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: July 14, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Housing