Tennessee Arts Commission
Art Learning Specialist
Tennessee Arts Commission
The Tennessee Arts Commission seeks a full-time Arts Learning Specialist. Under the supervision of the Director of Arts Education, this position cultivates the arts for the benefit of all Tennesseans and their communities to prepare students of all ages for success in school, career, and life. Specifically, the position coordinates arts learning events, initiatives, and resources and supports implementation of the agency’s mission and arts education goals.
- Supports facilitation of arts education events, resources, and initiatives such as the Poetry Out Loud State Contest, Teaching Artist Roster, Tennessee Arts & Arts Education Conference, Tennessee Arts Education Data Project
- Assists in the development and administration of state and federal grants to arts organizations, non-arts organizations, schools, and individuals, especially through the Student Ticket Subsidy grant program
- Provides technical assistance to organizations, educators, and communities developing arts learning programs and projects
- Represents the Commission at local, state, regional, and national meetings
- Acts creatively as part of the Arts Commission team to identify and implement strategies to cultivate the arts for the benefit of all Tennesseans and their communities
- Serves as a resource for arts disciplines that may include dance, music, opera, theatre, visual arts, craft, media, design, photography, literature, and folklife/traditional arts
- Generates public support for the arts and arts learning
- Prepares records and reports
- Bachelor’s Degree and three years’ experience in arts education, arts administration, education, and/or nonprofit management. A background in the arts is desired.
- Understands state and national policy and trends in arts education and supports agency strategies to address policy and trends in arts education and community arts learning
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities and collaborative initiatives, and carry projects through to successful completion
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Events management experience preferred
- Grants management and budget experience desired
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills desired
- Licensed to operate a motor vehicle and available for travel
- Knowledge and ability to utilize office equipment and computer software including Microsoft Office and WordPress
State employment affords employees a full benefits package that includes, health, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; opportunities to participate in deferred compensation plans; retirement benefit; Employee Assistance Program; workers compensation; paid leave as well as many other programs that can enhance an employee’s personal and family well-being. For more information on benefits offered to state employees, visit http://tn.gov/finance/ins/.
How to Apply
We would like to invite you to visit our careers site to complete your application.
DIRECTIONS for future State of Tennessee employees:
1. Select the link to access our careers site.
2. Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
3. Copy the Job Title and paste into the “Search State of Tennessee Jobs” field. Click the Search button (>>).
4. The Job displays in your search results. Select the Job and click the “Apply for Job” button to view the job description.
5. Review the job description and select the “Apply for Job” button to begin your application.
- Date Posted: August 23, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Government
- Start Date: 10/01/2022
- Salary Range: First step of range: $40,380
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm