Gordon Jewish Community Center
Gordon Jewish Community Center
The Aquatics Director is primarily responsible for directing, overseeing and maintaining all aspects of the aquatics programs of the GJCC. The Aquatics Director will serve as an integral part of the Sports, Aquatics and Fitness team, as well as working within the framework of the agency program as a whole. The Aquatics Director is responsible for the direct supervision of the swim lesson program, aquatics maintenance, swim team, the lifeguard staff and ensuring the health and safety of members during the operating hours of the GJCC. S/he will be responsible for and is expected to provide excellence in customer service, water safety and instruction, and cleanliness in all aquatics facilities, hiring and training of staff and developing programs for all ages.
The Aquatics Director must be detail oriented and well organized, with the ability to plan activities and schedules several months in advance. This person must be flexible and able to handle multiple projects at the same time. The Aquatics Director is expected to be innovative, imaginative team player who provides a positive role model for members and other staff.
- Develop, implement, supervise and evaluate comprehensive, creative and progressive aquatics programs for participants of all ages.
- Implement an Aquatics program that is cutting edge involving swim lessons, water exercise, and swim team programs.
- Keep informed of various trends and programs in the community and nationally that may be introduced, adapted to and have effect on JCC programs.
- Work with ECLC Director to provide group swim lessons to classes and to promote private lessons to families.
- Work with Camp Davis Director to ensure summer camp swimming needs are met, providing necessary swim instructors and lifeguards for campers
- Continually evaluate programs, solicit feedback, review and analyze results.
- Prepare statistical reports pertaining to departmental usage.
- Manage and oversee the general maintenance, safety and upkeep of the indoor and outdoor pools, as well as the men’s and women’s whirlpools
- Maintaining appropriate pool chemistry levels and compliance with all Department of Health standards
- Management and purchase of all pool supplies, including chemicals
- Work cooperatively with the Facilities Department and outside services to both service and repair pool and whirlpool equipment as needed.
Staffing and Supervision
- Recruit, supervise, train and evaluate all aquatics staff including lifeguards, swim instructors and swim team coaches.
- Hold regularly scheduled staff meetings for aquatics personnel to establish and monitor department goals as well as maintain safety standards.
- Provide on-the-job supervision, as well as back-up support and fill-in where needed in the absence of instructors or coaches.
- Reports to the Executive Director.
Administrative and Budgeting
- Establish and monitor department goals.
- Participate in the development of and be responsible for the administration of the departmental budget. Monitor budget compliance on a monthly basis.
- Manage payroll.
- Purchase and maintain appropriate inventory of needed supplies and equipment for the Aquatics program.
Marketing and Communication
- Work with membership department to funnel leads from new member joins & existing members into aquatics programs.
- Work with marketing department to create flyers, boards, banners, eblasts and any other material to promote aquatics programs.
- Communicate policies and programs to families and promote family participation in special programs and events.
Community and GJCC:
- Use excellent customer service skills in order to establish and maintain relationships with members and the general public.
- Serve as professional staff to the Aquatics Committees.
- Work with committee to develop and recommend policies, rules and program ideas.
- Develop and recruit new committee members.
- Work with other GJCC departments, as well as other Jewish agencies and organizations to enhance activities and programs.
- Participate in staffing major GJCC programs or events outside of the department when assigned.
- Facilitate a positive growth image of the GJCC in the community.
- Membership and participation in professional communal organizations.
- Participate and attend (where feasible) national professional conferences.
- BA plus 5 years managerial experience in aquatics related field
- Strong leadership, communicational, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Current WSI and LGI Certification, including CPR and first aid, required
- Experience with management of pool chemicals and pump rooms
- Current CPO Certification preferred
- Demonstrated ability to train staff
- Demonstrated ability to develop programming for all age groups
Competitive Salary, Health Insurance, Retirement Plan, 4 weeks paid time off
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to Leslie@nashvillejcc.org
- Date Posted: November 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 12/01/2021
- Salary Range: 45,000-50,000
- Working Hours: Full time