Appeals Litigation Administration Legal Assistant
TennCare is Tennessee’s managed care Medicaid program that provides health insurance coverage to certain groups of low-income individuals such as pregnant women, children, caretaker relatives of young children, older adults, and adults with physical disabilities. TennCare provides coverage for approximately 1.4 million Tennesseans and operates with an annual budget of approximately $12 billion. It is run by the Division of TennCare with oversight and some funding from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
WHY WORK AT TENNCARE?
TennCare’s mission is to improve the lives of Tennesseans by providing high-quality cost-effective care. To fulfill that purpose, we equip each employee for active participation and empower teams to communicate and work collaboratively to improve organizational processes in order to make a difference in the lives our members. Because of the positive impact TennCare has on the lives of the most vulnerable Tennesseans, TennCare employees report that their work provides them with a sense of meaning, purpose, and accomplishment. TennCare leadership understands that employees are our most valuable resource and ensures professional and leadership development are a priority for the agency.
JOB AND DEPARTMENTAL OVERVIEW
The Division of TennCare is seeking an Appeals Litigation Administration Legal Assistant for the Appeals Operations Group within Member Services. The Appeals Litigation Administration Legal Assistant will be responsible for performing administrative functions on behalf of the Appeals Operations Group such as scheduling appeals for hearings, routing continuance requests as necessary, and preparing technical records for Chancery Court hearings. They will also be responsible for creating electronic records of appeal requests, arranging for translation services when appropriate, maintaining attorneys’ calendars, hearing calendars and the litigation timetables for attorneys. Additionally, the Appeals Litigation Administration Legal Assistant will also be responsible for researching, reviewing, and implementing all court orders rendered from an appeal hearing.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• Maintain hearing and attorneys’ calendars as well as litigation timetables for attorneys
• Demonstrate attention to detail in researching appeal cases and documenting notes for proper case processing.
• Make phone calls as needed to verify information with appellant regarding appeal.
• Attend and actively participate in all unit meetings and problem-solving discussions for workflow improvements.
• Education equivalent to graduation from an accredited college, university, or professional school with one of the following: Associate’s degree in Paralegal or Legal Assistant studies; OR Bachelor’s Degree in Paralegal or Legal Assistant studies; OR Paralegal Certificate; OR one year (28 semester hours) of graduate level law school
• Basic organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage workload to meet specific timeframes and deadlines
• Developed writing and communication skills
To see all the great benefits available to State of Tennessee employees, go to the TN.gov Benefits page: https://www.tn.gov/hr/employees1/benefits.html
How to Apply
To apply for this job or see other opportunities at TennCare, visit the state of Tennessee’s Careers page today: https://www.tn.gov/careers/apply-here.html
- Date Posted: March 31, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Government