Edgehill Neighborhood Partnership
AppalCorps Food Access Coordinator
Edgehill Neighborhood Partnership
This AmeriCorps Service Member will be serving 6 months as Food Access Coordinator, helping the Edgehill Neighborhood Partnership to support the community by building relationships that foster food access in high-priority communities throughout Nashville. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who is civic-minded, goal-driven, and in need of professional experience.
This role is perfect for a member interested in equity, justice, and liberation who values building and maintaining relationships. Our Food Access Coordinator will help neighbors access healthy food across the South Nashville community. This role involves a lot of communication with people from a variety of backgrounds, so someone confident in this skillset is essential.
This AppalCorps Member will build the capacity of our FreeStore and expand FreeStore locations to high-need neighborhoods throughout the city. As Edgehill Neighborhood Partnership works to meet the overwhelming and growing needs of our neighbors, this AmeriCorps member will be vital to reaching our goals.
You will gain skills in program design, project management, volunteer recruitment and management, evaluation design, communications, and capacity building.
- Recruit and communicate with potential community food partners
- Help coordinate food resources for our various afterschool sites
- Organize logistics of new FreeStore locations
- Manage volunteers at the various FreeStore openings
- Coordinate food drives with community partners
- Coordinate community partnerships in high-priority communities
- Help establish community gardens in high-priority communities
- Help to establish the program model for a mobile FreeStore
Members should have experience with or the willingness to develop competencies in these areas:
(1) Working with individuals from diverse backgrounds
(2) Utilizing interpersonal, organizational, and conflict resolution skills
(3) Calendar and time management
Key abilities include:
(1) Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
(2) Using good judgment and maintaining professional behavior
(3) Willingness to solve problems and overcome challenges.
(4) Must submit to and pass a criminal background check.
(5) Must be at least 18 years of age.
Bilingual skills that can benefit partnership development and member services are a plus.
- Opportunity to gain experience in the non-profit sector
- Opportunity to gain knowledge and understanding of local food systems, food system support, and food access initiatives
- Connection to a state-wide network of AmeriCorps members, AmeriCorps alumni, and supporting organizations
- AmeriCorps Living Allowance of $1,333/month (before taxes).
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Award is equivalent to the maximum value of the Pell Grant for the fiscal year of service. The Segal Education Award for a 6-month term of service equals $3,247
- Student loan forbearance during the service year with additional interest payment support
How to Apply
Edgehill Neighborhood Partnership (ENP) will be accepting resumes on a rolling basis until May 15th. If you are interested in making a difference in your community and would like to learn more about becoming an AppalCorps member with ENP, please contact Allison Quintanilla Plattsmier at email@example.com and by calling 615-533-3986.
- Date Posted: April 28, 2022
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 06/01/2022
- Salary Range: Living Stipend