National Healthcare for the Homeless Council
National Healthcare for the Homeless Council
The AP/AR Coordinator will have responsibilities in the areas of finance and administration including AP/AR, office and clerical support, and various operational tasks.
AP/AR and recordkeeping responsibilities:
- Codes all deposits including checks, online, credit card, and cash donations and ensures that backup is attached for data entry.
- Prepares all AP including recurring transactions and ensures that all backup and payment requests are accurate, signed by the appropriates people, and that invoices are paid promptly.
- Draft for ACH payments once approved as needed.
- Regularly runs checks for disbursement and saves pdf backup to the admin drive.
- Reviews staff and constituent travel arrangements and paperwork to ensure payments are ready for processing.
- Prepares journal entries for postage and copier machine.
- Corresponds with vendors on payment-related issues.
- Coordinates with advancement staff to ensure that all donation coding is properly recorded in the accounting system.
- Manages conference payments, refunds, and assists with registrations.
- Assists with the preparation for the annual audit and 990.
- Download/save Bank statements and credit card statements to the Banking Information file.
- Download monthly benefit invoices (State of TN Health Insurance and GIS bills) and prepare payment requests for AP.
- Manages and enrolls staff in benefits for the Council including 401k, State health-dental-vision plans, Clarity flexible savings accounts, AFLAC, and GIS benefits.
- Acts as the company Agency Benefits Coordinator attending meetings and managing the Council relationship with the State of TN for health insurance benefits.
- Engage staff in participating in annual open enrollment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for keeping the Administrative Standard Operations Procedures up to date.
- Back up receptionist duties, including but not limited to greeting visitors and answering the phone.
- Assists with the logistics and related details for off-site meetings such as the Council’s National Conference, Staff Retreat/Planning, and other meetings as assigned.
- Works with the Administrative Assistant as needed with office management responsibilities.
- Travel 1-3 times a year for agency events.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of administrative support work.
- 2+ years of accounts receivable/accounts payable experience
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Intermediate knowledge of MIP or other financial systems preferred.
- Handles confidential matters professionally and with discretion.
- Able to operate a variety of office equipment, including photocopiers, fax, and personal computer.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to work well with a variety of people.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and follow through on issues expeditiously.
- Detail-oriented Initiative for all admin and finance-related tasks..
- Ability to keep confidentiality.
- Flexible, willing to assist in all Council projects, and willingness to learn.
- Lifting up to 20 pounds
- Able to support the mission and values of the organization.
- High degree of personal organization
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to adapt to a changing work environment and manage a variety of different tasks
- Comfort and ability to work effectively with people from different cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Commitment to a collaborative team approach to organizational tasks.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. The National Health Care for the Homeless Council offers a great benefits package including options for medical, dental, vision, PTO, and 401K.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter detailing your interest, qualifications, and salary requirements with your resume to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject Line: AP/AR Coordinator. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Interviews will be granted according to the qualifications of the applicant.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The National Helathcare for the Homeless Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or country of origin. The Council is committed to focusing in equity in all our work, including ensuring our staff is inclusive and representative of the people we serve.
This position is in person.
- Date Posted: August 10, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 08/26/2022
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk