YMCA of Middle Tennessee
Anti-Hunger Initiatives Assistant
YMCA of Middle Tennessee
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of Vice President of School Age Services, and the Director of Anti-Hunger Initiatives, and in conjunction with the Anti-Hunger Initiatives Coordinator, the Anti-Hunger Initiatives Assistant is responsible for providing support for all assisting in all administrative duties associated with the Year Round Feeding Program Grants, CACFP, SFSP, and anti-hunger initiatives for School Age Services and the YMCA of Middle Tennessee
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Assist Anti-Hunger Initiatives Coordinator with year round food program daily operations and compliance, including but not limited to site visits, tracking, paperwork completion, monthly reporting and claim preparation, audit preparation, and helping in the annual application process with State
- Assist in grant implementation and tracking, as needed (e.g. monthly reporting, site visits, data collection, and monitoring)
- Complete CACFP/SFSP training and all other required trainings; attend trainings, meetings, Summits with State agency about CACFP/SFSP as needed.
- To ensure CACFP/SFSP compliance, assist the Anti-Hunger Initiatives Coordinator to train site staff annually for both CACFP and SFSP as well as throughout the year on an on-going basis, traveling to sites when necessary for one on one trainings.
- Create and maintain record keeping systems and processes. Help to streamline communication across a large organization.
- Build and maintain good relationships and communicate regularly with Fun Company Site Directors, Area Coordinators, and Program Directors, as well as internal and external Partners and Vendors, ensuring they are up to date on CACFP compliance, etc.
- General office duties such as word processing, bookkeeping, flow of correspondence, filing, requisitions of supplies, facilitation of office and team needs, etc.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience in administrative setting and/or with data collection required
- Proficient in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and initiate program implementation/improvements as needed
- Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Must be highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Possess the organizational and communication (oral and written) skills needed to work in a busy work environment with a high degree of accuracy
- Possess the ability to be a highly analytical and critical thinker in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to travel to multiple locations.
- While normal working hours are required, this position will occasionally include evening and/or weekend work
- Current, valid Tennessee driver license; clean driving record (e.g., no DUI, no more than three violations in a rolling three-year period, etc.), signed driver agreement form
- Pre-hire: complete YMCA of Middle TN application for employment, new hire packet, Child Abuse Detection / Prevention training and BBP
- Within one week of hire: New Employee Orientation Online Course
- Required within 30 days of hire: First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Within 60 days of hire: Listen First Training
- Complete Fun Company on-boarding training within 1-week of hire
- Benefits package including generous paid time off
- Participation in Y Retirement plan and 403 (b) savings account upon eligibility
- Free membership at all 14 wellness center locations
- Discounts on youth programs, summer camps and sports instruction
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply
- Date Posted: April 7, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: Starts at $17.00 per hour, depending on experience
- Working Hours: May vary; 40 hours per week