Tennessee Justice Center
Tennessee Justice Center
Full-Time Position | Based in Nashville TN
For over 25 years, we at the Tennessee Justice Center (TJC) have been standing with vulnerable Tennessee families and helping them access basic necessities of life. We believe that that all our neighbors have value and dignity, that all deserve the opportunity to thrive, and that our laws and public policy should reflect these shared values. Every day our courageous team works hard on behalf of and in partnership with Tennessee individuals, families, and communities.
Do you want to join our fight?
We are looking to hire an Anti-Hunger Advocate to support the anti-hunger work we do to improve our state’s nutrition safety-net programs and policies. If you’re ambitious, enjoy building relationships with other people and are over the top organized, then this could be the job for you. This position reports directly to our Director of Nutrition Advocacy and interacts regularly with our health advocacy team.
A typical day might look like:
- Taking calls from clients and helping them access SNAP, WIC, or child nutrition benefits
- Communicating with community partners, government officials and local agencies about the work we are doing and how they can support it
- Developing creative social media and email campaigns to educate Tennesseans about anti-hunger policy issues and engaging Tennesseans to take action to end hunger
- Coordinating and conducting training sessions with community partners and local officials about the latest in food security policy
- Gathering client stories, researching data, and reading up on the latest policy updates
This job might be for you if:
- You are a creative thinking and love brainstorming ideas with others
- You love meeting new people and enjoy building relationships with them
- You enjoy going above and beyond to help people when they are in crisis
- You are super organized and obsessively take detailed notes on everything
- You flourish on a small team where all hands-on deck is the norm
This job is even a better fit if:
- You have graduated from a college or university
- You have knowledge about policy issues involving programs such as SNAP, WIC, and child nutrition programs
- You have at least two years’ experience working within a small non-profit environment
- You have worked with vulnerable individuals and families
Why you would want to join us:
The Tennessee Justice Center offers amazing co-workers, competitive salary, and excellent benefits, including paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plan contribution, and high quality medical, disability, and life insurance coverage. TJC is committed to equity and inclusion. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To Apply: Send us your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Anti-Hunger Advocate” in the subject line of the email.
For more information about Tennessee Justice Center, visit tnjustice.org.
- Date Posted: January 9, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Legal
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 02/01/2023
- Salary Range: 40,170.00
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk M-F 8-5p