Catholic Charities of TN
Annual Giving Manager
Catholic Charities of TN
Responsible for executing the strategy for a comprehensive annual giving program through a multi-channel development and communications effort designed to reach friends, donors, community members, and other important constituents. Manages strategic initiatives in new donor pipeline activity to engage and upgrade new and existing donors. Shapes and sustains strategic initiatives that increase unrestricted revenue and upgrade episodic donors to annual giving donors. Assists in identifying potential major and legacy/planned giving donors from within the annual giving pipeline. Collaborates with staff to plan strategic events to increase fundraising revenue. Collaborates with communications and outreach staff to create content for the website and social media to support the annual giving campaign.
- Works with development leadership to determine annual giving goals and develop strategic and operational plans to meet or exceed budgeted annual unrestricted revenue.
- Cultivates, solicits, and stewards existing donors, including event sponsors; upgrades selected donors; and acquires new annual giving donors, through an aggressive and carefully managed direct-mail and multi-channel program, including budgeting and scheduling, market testing and segmentation, and distribution.
- Coordinates with the Director in designing annual fund asks that are a component of major gift asks for targeted prospects.
- Leads new donor pipeline program and manages effective approaches for targeting and upgrading annual donors to the $2,500+ level, including face-to-face solicitations; and develops strategies to upgrade appropriate donors to major giving levels, to build consistent major gifts pipeline.
- Manages donor recognition at the $2,500+ level. Makes personal calls to donors to acknowledge their gifts and strengthen relationships with the agency.
- Oversees list design and development for direct mail and digital campaigns to support unrestricted and restricted giving, working with Prospect Research Analyst/Database Manager.
- Employs the latest and most effective direct mail/marketing techniques in the overall management of the annual giving program, working with outside vendors and direct mail consultants.
- Integrates screened prospects effectively into the annual giving solicitation process.
- Reports on revenue, engagement, and other metrics of success, as measured by total dollars, total participation, percentage participation, consistency of giving, and average gift size.
- Develops relationships across the organization, including the executive management team and program staff to ensure a good understanding of Catholic Charities programs and funding priorities, and integrates this information into appeals that align with institutional messaging.
- Collaborates with the communications staff to develop an effective social media/e-philanthropy annual giving plan that is fully integrated with the organization’s digital strategies, including data analytics, performance, and message testing.
- Hires, trains, and conducts performance appraisals of staff under direct supervision according to agency guidelines and established personnel policies.
- Supervises, coordinates, and monitors the activities of staff, ensuring that all department requirements are met in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with the staff to ensure that event fundraising activities align with the annual giving revenue targets and goals of expanding the donor pipeline while building a region-wide understanding and awareness of Catholic Charities’ mission and impact.
- Maintains accurate donor/solicitation records according to agency guidelines, using the database(s) provided by the agency and within the agency’s time frame.
- Actively participates in supervision sessions, periodic team meetings, and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications or related field with 5-7 years of direct marketing/annual giving experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
- Supervision of direct-mail program, including working with design/production consultants.
- Prior experience in developing and managing budgets and project costs.
- Demonstrated skill in managing multiple priorities and projects on very tight deadlines, with a proven ability to multi-task with a high sense of purpose and urgency.
- Prior experience in a supervisory position.
Additional Skills or Requirements
- Creative and insightful, with skills in marketing and communications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to confidently meet with and solicit high-capacity donors face to face, and to collaborate in a team-oriented approach to achieve results.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge, and/or Salesforce databases, including the ability to create standardized and customized queries, and reports and analyze data, identify trends, and make recommendations for process improvements.
- A current driver’s license is required. Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle and provide own transportation.
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays
- 403B plan with company match
- Pension plan
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/2024021/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Annual-Giving-Manager
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: October 23, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.