Make-A-Wish Middle Tennessee
Annual Giving and Events Coordinator
Make-A-Wish Middle Tennessee
Reporting to the CEO, the Annual Giving and Events Manager supports the organization in meeting the financial and community engagement goals of the organization. Core job responsibilities include executing the strategy for annual donor activities and development of annual donor programs, executing internal and external events, and providing support for mailings, electronic media, and other projects.
DONOR ACQUISITION AND DEVELOPMENT
The Annual Giving and Events Manager is responsible for planning and executing a strategy and budget for continually increasing the organization’s annual supporters.
- The Annual Giving and Events Manager is responsible for planning and executing a strategy and budget for continually increasing the organization’s annual supporters.
- Implement the annual Development Calendar (appeals, campaigns, events, activities)
- Coordinate all solicitation mailings; create solicitation materials in partnership with the Marketing & Communication Coordinator
- Manage the cultivation and solicitation of new and existing donors
- Prepare materials for prospects
- Grow donor pipeline with a consistent set of cultivation and development practices
- Oversee donor database and ensure that its structure and content is current and complete
- Submit monthly donor and campaign reports to President & CEO
- Coordinate with Finance team for monthly and annual reconciliation and reporting
- Maintain appropriate documentation of development processes and procedures
- Support Marketing & Communication Coordinator in preparing the Annual Report
- Work cooperatively with committees, volunteers, and other professional and staff as needed
The Annual Giving and Events Manager is responsible for managing fundraising and donor cultivation events.
- Oversee and implement annual fundraising and stewardship event logistics
- Oversee other special projects and campaign events as identified by the CEO
- Manage budgets for event planning; monitor costs and net revenue over time, keeping accurate records of annual data for benchmarking purposes
- Professional development/fundraising/event experience; bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience conceptualizing, writing and coordinating campaign materials
- Strong proofreading skills
- Superb organization and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team-oriented environment
- Flexibility and high tolerance for change and ambiguity
- Outgoing personality and positive attitude
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, design software and fundraising databases (Salesforce experience a plus)
- Occasional evening and weekend hours, as required
- Must be physically able to assist, when necessary, with event set-up and breakdown,
- including lifting up to 25 lbs.
Salary to be negotiated. Fringe benefits include health care insurance plan with dental and vision coverage, robust vacation package, Simple IRA program, disability insurance, and life insurance as provided by the Make-A-Wish Middle Tennessee’s personnel policies.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to President & CEO, Beth Torres
- Date Posted: July 19, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 35 hours/week; 8:30-5:30 M-Th, 9:00-12:00 Friday