Animal Shelter Operations Manager
Who are we?
Animal Harbor is Franklin County Tennessee’s local animal shelter which helps find loving homes for homeless pets, offers community spay/neuter assistance, and serves the community in public outreach and education. Animal Harbor is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) charity which relies largely on contributions from individual donors. The shelter is governed by a working Board of Directors and lead by an Executive Director. The shelter’s main focus is on the human treatment of companion animals, adoption of homeless pets, community outreach and relationship building, and public education to aid in prevention of abuse and neglect of animals.
The shelter manager manages all daily shelter operations and works in close concert with the Executive Director (ED) and Board of Directors to fulfill the mission of the organization. The shelter manager maintains effective working relationships with staff, Board of Directors, volunteers, donors, local businesses, and the public.
- Directs and manages the daily operations and programs at the shelter
- Assists the ED with hiring and firing staff, trains, and manages staff members, sets staff schedules, and monitors staffing hours
- Oversees the health and welfare of the animals in the shelter’s care
- Maintains and ensures proper record keeping including updating Animal Harbor website and pet adoption sites
- Maintains effective and prompt communication with staff and public
- Works hand-in-hand with Adoption Coordinator and Animal Wellness Coordinator to achieve shelter goals
- Handles internal and external conflict management and resolution
- Manages incoming monies and maintains a working relationship with the Executive Director and Board of Directors Treasurer to assure budget is well managed
- Assists ED in conducting team meetings and continued education with staff.
- Ensures adequate shelter inventory, reports building problems, and schedules building maintenance
- Participates in community outreach programs, special events, and shelter events
- A strong passion for animal welfare and the humane treatment of animals
- Must possess leadership qualities and a growth mindset
- Bachelor ‘s degree (preferred B.S. in animal sciences or a closely related field)
- Two years management experience
Paid time off after six months of employment
How to Apply
Please use the link to apply via Indeed- https://www.indeed.com/job/animal-shelter-operations-manager-a5d38bb92778cedb
- Date Posted: March 4, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Start Date: 06/01/2020
- Salary Range: 23,000-25,000
- Working Hours: M-F 8am-5pm Some Weekends