Martha O'Bryan Center
AmeriCorps (Vista) TAEM Communications and Capacity Building
Martha O'Bryan Center
The Tennessee Alliance for Economic Mobility (TAEM) is a public-private partnership comprised of 32 partners that are implementing the largest benefits cliff mitigation pilot in the country, working collaboratively across Middle TN to support 900 families in moving beyond the benefits cliff. We seek to transform Tennessee’s social safety net and catalyze federal reform to support thriving families.
We operate with a collective impact approach that is led by a backbone team at Martha O’Bryan Center in collaboration with partners across the region. Between the backbone team and partners, there are 61 full-time staff and 14 part-time staff who are implementing the pilot.
The TAEM Team is a dedicated team of professionals committed to fostering economic empowerment and prosperity within Tennessee. With a shared passion for creating positive change, our diverse and skilled team collaborates tirelessly to design innovative programs, advocate for policy reforms, and provide essential resources to uplift individuals and communities. Through our collective expertise, dedication, and unwavering commitment, the TAEM team works diligently to build a more inclusive and thriving future for all residents of Tennessee.
The Martha O’Bryan Center (MOBC) empowers children, youth, and adults in poverty, to transform their lives through work, education, employment, and fellowship. The Center cannot service the community alone, so we partner with organizations like AmeriCorps, to fulfill our mission.
AmeriCorps members serve 1700 hours over the course of 11 months with Martha O’Bryan Center, gaining hands-on experience working with families, youth, and community members. The crucial components of the MOBC—AmeriCorps years of service program allow you to build your community and professional skills, thereby propelling you towards the next steps in your career and life.
Check out Martha O’Bryan—AmeriCorps website here: https://mobcamericorps.weebly.com/
You can read about the federal AmeriCorps program here: https://americorps.gov/
- Assist TAEM staff with digital media assets (graphic design, photography, videography, and storytelling) for various media campaigns and internal/external audiences
- Lead and/or support coordination and logistics of TAEM and Our ChanceTN events
- Support continuous improvement of TAEM and Our ChanceTN through project management and established processes
- Update various documents based on requests from partners and in coordination with TAEM and Our Chance TN’s continuous improvement processes
- Other duties as assigned
- TAEM Assistant Director
- Over 18 years of age
- High School diploma or GED
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. (you can see the requirements here)
- Pass a background check to work with vulnerable populations
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortability with asking people about their stories
- Basic knowledge and comfortability with graphic design platforms (i.e. Canva)
- Detail oriented
- Project management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- NO time requirement, instead work in a “full-time capacity” for 12 months. At MOBC, full-time capacity depends on the supervisor, role, and week, can be between 32.5-40 hours/week
- 20 days of PTO outside of days that MOBC is closed
- $22,880 living stipend for the 12 months, paid out 2x/month
- Up to $500 housing allowance paid DIRECTLY to landlord/mortgage lender/utility company monthly
- Health insurance is provided through VISTA
- $6,895 education award upon successful completion of service
- Friday weekly community gatherings for the cohort to come together and learn about one another’s programs, participate in professional development or training, and opportunities to lead meetings
- Unlimited access to MOBC’s food bank (often has fresh fruit/veggies, meat, and also what we think of more traditionally in a food bank–canned goods, pasta, beans, etc.)
How to Apply
- Date Posted: November 21, 2023
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth