AmeriCorps Seniors Volunteer Coordinator
FiftyForward is the leading resource for adults 50+ in Middle Tennessee who seek to live longer, more fulfilling lives. We are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and their families through a powerful leadership team of staff, volunteers, and community partners. Through seven locations and a variety of programs in Davidson and Williamson counties, we provide enrichment opportunities for adults 50 and older to remain engaged and live their lives to the fullest.
Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless champion for older adults living their best lives? To make a real difference in the Nashville area? If the answer is yes, come join our team!
FiftyForward has an excellent opportunity for a Volunteer Coordinator who will recruit, support, and recognize adults age 55+ who serve as instructors and peer leaders at our 7 life-long learning centers. In this role, you will work closely with center staff and members to identify needs and recruit and support a team of older adult volunteers who serve as instructors, encouragers, and peer leaders.
This is an AmeriCorps Seniors grant-funded, part-time position for 20 hours per week. Hours are weekdays, flexible depending upon need, and require a regular in-person presence at all FiftyForward locations throughout Davidson and Williamson counties.
The ideal candidate will be skilled at developing relationships with staff and volunteers, have the ability to develop and grow a new program, be able to flex between working independently and within a team, and most importantly, have a passion for helping active older adults live their very best lives.
What you’ll do:
- Manage FiftyForward’s new Champions volunteer program.
- Organize two agency-wide events annually that engage “Champion” volunteers as leaders
- Build relationships with Center staff and members to identify program needs.
- Recruit new volunteers, using all available media, and speaking before groups as requested.
- Maintain volunteer database ensuring up-to-date and accurate records of volunteer hours, assignments, and individuals served.
- Maintain paperwork to meet the requirements of a federal grant.
- Regularly recognize volunteers and organize annual banquet/luncheon.
- Support overall efforts of FiftyForward AmeriCorps Seniors programs.
- Collaborate with the Director of Volunteer Engagement to continually evaluate, implement, and improve systems, programs, and functions.
- Embrace and radiate a positive view of aging and advocate for health and wellness activities that contribute to the well-being of older adults.
- Work with communications staff to highlight the contributions of FiftyForward “Champion” volunteers.
- Spend time at each of FiftyForward’s 7 locations to develop relationships and assess needs.
What we require:
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Outgoing personality who naturally puts others at ease.
- A positive view of aging and basic knowledge of best practices in the older adult health and wellness community.
- Effective and professional communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient computer skills, MS Office 365.
- Excellent detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and manage multiple projects.
- Open to constructive feedback, and creative dialogue with FiftyForward Management Team.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work cooperatively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1 – 3 years’ volunteer management experience.
- Experience working with older adults is a plus.
- 1-3 years experience using desktop and/or laptop computers, various databases, multi-user copier/scanner, and multi-line telecommunications systems.
- A valid TN driver’s license including a good motor vehicle record, and automobile insurance. Reliable transportation. Willingness to drive throughout Davidson and Williamson counties.
- Uphold FiftyForward’s mission is to support, champion, and enhance life for those 50 and older.
- Paid time off (vacation and sick)
- 10 Paid holidays – plus the week between Christmas and New Year
- Paid birthday off
- Employee assistance program
- Complimentary membership to all FiftyForward centers
- Community involvement
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply
To join our team, please visit our careers website https://fiftyforward.org/employment/
FiftyForward is the leading resource for adults 50+ in Middle Tennessee who seek to live longer, more fulfilling lives. We are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and their families through a powerful leadership team of staff, volunteers, and community partners, and have touched the lives of more than 20,000. Through seven locations and a variety of programs in Davidson and Williamson counties, we provide enrichment opportunities for adults 50 and older to remain engaged and live their lives to the fullest.
FiftyForward is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Date Posted: July 28, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 20 hrs/wk; M-F, hours are flexible depending on need