Cumberland River Compact
AmeriCorps Member – Watershed Outreach and Engagement Coordinator
Cumberland River Compact
The Watershed Outreach and Engagement Coordinator (Coordinator) serves residents and species of the Cumberland River basin by making meaningful connections, participating in community events, and raising awareness about the importance of the Cumberland River watershed through outreach for Cumberland River Compact.
The Watershed Outreach and Engagement Coordinator serves with a 30-member cohort of community-focused individuals who receive skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities through a partnership between Cumberland River Compact and Hands On Nashville, Middle Tennessee’s volunteer resource center.
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps program is made possible through the support of the Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, Volunteer Tennessee, and participating AmeriCorps host organizations.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
Cumberland River Compact is looking for a self-motivated and creative individual with interests in writing, design, digital marketing, outdoor recreation, and relationship building. The coordinator works closely with the marketing and communications manager to expand the organization’s basin outreach initiatives promoting things like ecotourism, biodiversity, cultural awareness and water conservation in the 18,000-square-mile watershed.
The Compact seeks an individual with a passion for people and exploring the natural world. The Coordinator will use strong communication skills to get others excited about exploring and protecting the basin. The ideal candidate is highly organized, resourceful, self-directed, and able to work independently. Over the course of the service year, the member will manage content development and promotion for the basin campaign, identify opportunities for partnership and cross-promotion, and strategize ways to engage new contacts in Cumberland River Compact opportunities.
- Manage and execute a digital communications calendar and provide digital performance reports to the Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Work with content writers to produce monthly basin explorer guides for the site.
- Work with Compact staff to communicate events and opportunities available to the public.
- Coordinate and promote volunteer events including creating a monthly volunteer newsletter.
- Implement strategies to engage new followers on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok.
- Identify opportunities and events for Compact staff to participate in outside of Nashville.
- Help staff document impact of projects and programs through photo and video content.
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program is designed for entry-level or experienced professionals interested in a career in nonprofit management. You have amazing skills. We will teach you how to put them to work for the greater good.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Interests
- Community Organizing
- Fine Arts/Crafts
- Commitment to fulfill a one-year term of service (August 16, 2021 – July 29, 2022)
- Bachelor’s Degree. Experience can be accepted in lieu of education;
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable access to transportation (Members will be reimbursed for service-related mileage.)
- U.S. Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident
- National Service Criminal History Check clearance
Lift and carry up to 20-30lbs; Responsibilities in the position may entail sitting for extended periods of time; Responsibilities in the position may entail serving in the outdoors and potentially in inclement weather;
- $6,345 education award, upon completion of service contract
- Federal student loan forbearance and accrued interest payment
- Bronze-level health coverage through Healthcare.gov
- Training and professional development in nonprofit management
How to Apply
Please complete the Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Application Form. We will contact you within two weeks to let you know if you have been selected for an interview.
Accepting candidates on a rolling basis through August 1, 2021
- Date Posted: March 26, 2021
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 08/16/2021
- Salary Range: $17,500 living allowance, paid in bi-weekly increments
- Working Hours: 35 – 40 hours per week