Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle TN
AmeriCorps Member – Volunteer, Mentor, and Alumni Engagement Coordinator
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle TN
The Volunteer, Mentor, and Alumni Engagement Coordinator (Coordinator) strengthens relationships with former program participants and their families, and tracks program data for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee, an agency that creates programs to provide youth with strong, professionally supported mentoring relationships that help them reach their full potential.
The Volunteer, Mentor, and Alumni Engagement Coordinator serves with a 30-member cohort of community-focused individuals who receive skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities through a partnership between Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle TN and Hands On Nashville, Middle Tennessee’s volunteer resource center.
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps program is made possible through the support of the Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, Volunteer Tennessee, and participating AmeriCorps host organizations.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee is looking for a creative self-starter who is excited about building systems to increase volunteer satisfaction. This candidate should enjoy community engagement, data collection and interpretation, project management, and collaborative problem solving as they will help create new “alumni-affairs” programming for our agency.
The ideal Coordinator candidate is outgoing, passionate about volunteerism, and data driven! The Coordinator will improve outreach and relationships with program alumni, streamline processes, and improve re-engagement with alumni. The Coordinator will also work to improve current volunteer satisfaction by creating assessment tools, conducting focus groups, collecting data, and interpreting data into action steps. This member will sharpen their skills in community engagement, program management, project planning, and program evaluation.
- Establish contact with alumni volunteers and participants and create regular communication best practices.
- Improve relationships with program alumni through consistent outreach and communication process development.
- Implement strategies to improve and increase recruitment of BBBS alumni as volunteers.
- Assess and improve current volunteer satisfaction through volunteer feedback, creating evaluation tools, conducting focus groups, collecting data, and creating dashboards to track and interpret data.
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program is designed for entry-level or experienced professionals interested in a career in nonprofit management. You have amazing skills. We will teach you how to put them to work for the greater good.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Interests
- Youth Development
- Community Organizing
- Data Collection and Interpretation
- Commitment to fulfill a one-year term of service (August 16, 2021 – July 29, 2022)
- Responsibilities in the position may entail sitting for extended periods of time
- Reliable access to transportation (Members will be reimbursed for service-related mileage.)
- High School Diploma/GED or some college preferred.Experience can be accepted in lieu of education.
- U.S. Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident
- National Service Criminal History Check clearance
Responsibilities in the position may entail sitting for extended periods of time;
- $6,345 education award, upon completion of service contract
- Federal student loan forbearance and accrued interest payment
- Bronze-level health coverage through Healthcare.gov
- Training and professional development in nonprofit management
How to Apply
Please complete the Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Application Form. We will contact you within two weeks to let you know if you have been selected for an interview.
Accepting candidates on a rolling basis through August 1, 2021
- Date Posted: March 26, 2021
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 08/16/2021
- Salary Range: $17,500 living allowance, paid in bi-weekly increments
- Working Hours: 35 – 40 hours per week