Hands On Nashville
AmeriCorps Member – Volunteer Engagement Leader
Hands On Nashville
The Volunteer Engagement Leader recruits and engages a wide variety of volunteers to bolster the work of Hands On Nashville’s community partners. The Leader assists the Partnership and Communications teams by planning and executing on volunteer outreach and retention strategy with a strong focus on accessibility, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Volunteer Engagement Leader serves with a 30-member cohort of community-focused individuals who receive skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities through a partnership between Hands On Nashville and Hands On Nashville, Middle Tennessee’s volunteer resource center.
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps program is made possible through the support of the Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, Volunteer Tennessee, and participating AmeriCorps host organizations.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
Hands On Nashville (HON) is looking for two energetic Volunteer Engagement Leader(s) (Leader) with an interest in building a robust pipeline of volunteers and volunteer leaders by building strategic relationships with schools, congregations, civic organizations, businesses, grassroots movements, and neighborhood groups.
We seek an individual who is excited about the power of volunteerism, and who can think creatively, nimbly, and collaboratively about how to inspire and engage volunteers and keep them coming back to serve the community again and again. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work well independently as well as part of a team. Public speaking and second language skills are a plus. Over the yearlong term, the Leader strategizes ways to find potential volunteers, inspire more people to serve, and improve the volunteer experience. The Leader gains experience with communications, program development, volunteer leadership, public speaking, research, project management, and much more.
- Oversee preparation and execution for volunteer recruitment events and training in both online and — when safe — in-person formats
- Build upon and improve Volunteer Leader program to recruit, orient, train, engage, and retain Volunteer Leaders
- Research volunteer outreach opportunities, and build and update dynamic lead lists that include key individuals, groups, businesses, events, online spaces, and more
- Evaluate the volunteer experience through formal and informal feedback as well as data and metrics, and collaborate with team to improve programming and messaging
- Develop resources and processes to cultivate long-term volunteers from pre-service to post-volunteer engagement
- Engage with members of the media to answer questions about volunteering and recruit volunteers
- Provide support and volunteer leadership as needed across all HON programs (corporate engagement, disaster response, skilled volunteerism, and events)
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program is designed for entry-level or experienced professionals interested in a career in nonprofit management. You have amazing skills. We will teach you how to put them to work for the greater good.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Interests
- Community Organizing
- Youth Development
- Proficiency in Spanish, Arabic, Burmese, Kurdish, Nepali, or Somali is preferred, but not required
- Commitment to fulfill a one-year term of service (August 16, 2021 – July 29, 2022)
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable access to transportation (Members will be reimbursed for service-related mileage.)
- U.S. Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident
- National Service Criminal History Check clearance
Lift and carry up to 15lbs; Lift and carry up to 20-30lbs;Responsibilities in the position may entail sitting for extended periods of time; Responsibilities in this position may entail standing for extended periods of time.; Responsibilities in the position may entail serving in the outdoors and potentially in inclement weather; Office or service environment may include noisy environments.; Service responsibilities require moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.; Service responsibilities require member to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl;
- $6,345 education award, upon completion of service contract
- Federal student loan forbearance and accrued interest payment
- Bronze-level health coverage through Healthcare.gov
- Training and professional development in nonprofit management
How to Apply
Please complete the Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Application Form. We will contact you within two weeks to let you know if you have been selected for an interview.
Accepting candidates on a rolling basis through August 1, 2021
- Date Posted: March 26, 2021
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 08/16/2021
- Salary Range: $17,500 living allowance, paid in bi-weekly increments
- Working Hours: 35 – 40 hours per week