Community Resource Center
AmeriCorps Member – Programs and Community Partnerships Leader
Community Resource Center
The Programs and Community Partnerships Leader (Leader) works with partners daily assessing needs, sourcing materials, and onboarding new partners for the Community Resource Center, an organization providing basic essentials and household goods to Middle Tennessee in order to ease the burden of procurement for our partners.
The Programs and Community Partnerships Leader serves with a 30-member cohort of community-focused individuals who receive skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities through a partnership between Community Resource Center and Hands On Nashville, Middle Tennessee’s volunteer resource center.
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps program is made possible through the support of the Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, Volunteer Tennessee, and participating AmeriCorps host organizations.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
The Community Resource Center (CRC) is looking for a detail-oriented Programs and Community Partnerships Leader with an interest in organizational and logistics support, facilitation of new partner trainings, providing site visits and feedback of partner activities. The Leader aids in partner distributions, large-scale distribution events, and the tracking and measurement of these daily occurrences between our 350 nonprofit agencies, schools, city offices, and other organizations.
The ideal candidate for this position is organized, proactive, a great communicator with amazing people skills, and the willingness to work in an ever-changing environment to accomplish the goals set forth by the CRC. The Leader will manage all aspects of partner distribution(s), completing tracking and measurement of the program, and visiting partners to see their work. The Leader will gain experience with project management, development of partner relationships, planning and execution of distributions, interacting with volunteers, and donation procurement and inventory.
- Facilitate and foster the partner relationship between partners and the CRC.
- Coordinate volunteer events and communicate with volunteers about fulfillment of partner needs.
- Track and measure distribution events and inventory.
- Provide site visits and evaluation of program patners.
- Coordinate logistics and scheduling of distributions and inventory for distributions.
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program is designed for entry-level or experienced professionals interested in a career in nonprofit management. You have amazing skills. We will teach you how to put them to work for the greater good.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Interests
- Community Organizing
- Social Services;
- Commitment to fulfill a one-year term of service (August 16, 2021 – July 29, 2022)
- Some College;Experience can be accepted in lieu of education;
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable access to transportation (Members will be reimbursed for service-related mileage.)
- U.S. Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident
- National Service Criminal History Check clearance
Lift and carry up to 30-50lbs; Responsibilities in this position may entail standing for extended periods of time.; Service responsibilities may include ascending or descending ladders; Office or service environment is not wheelchair accessible; Office or service environment may include noisy environments.; Service responsibilities require member to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl;
- $6,345 education award, upon completion of service contract
- Federal student loan forbearance and accrued interest payment
- Bronze-level health coverage through Healthcare.gov
- Training and professional development in nonprofit management
How to Apply
Please complete the Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Application Form. We will contact you within two weeks to let you know if you have been selected for an interview.
Accepting candidates on a rolling basis through August 1, 2021
- Date Posted: June 29, 2021
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 08/16/2021
- Salary Range: $17,500 living allowance, paid in bi-weekly increments
- Working Hours: 35 – 40 hours per week