Turnip Green Creative Reuse
AmeriCorps Member – Creative Sustainability Volunteer Engagement Leader
Turnip Green Creative Reuse
The Creative Sustainability Volunteer Engagement Leader (Leader) will strengthen the volunteer program at Turnip Green Creative Reuse while furthering the mission to foster creativity and sustainability through reuse.
The Creative Sustainability Volunteer Engagement Leader serves with a 30-member cohort of community-focused individuals who receive skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities through a partnership between Turnip Green Creative Reuse and Hands On Nashville, Middle Tennessee’s volunteer resource center.
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps program is made possible through the support of the Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, Volunteer Tennessee, and participating AmeriCorps host organizations.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
Turnip Green Creative Reuse (TGCR) is looking for a Leader who will assist with the planning and implementation of volunteer recruitment, engagement, retention, and program evaluation strategies. The Leader will take an active role in developing, scheduling, and leading volunteer tours, meet-ups, itineraries, curriculum, and special event programming for children and adults. The Leader will advocate for TGCR in the community and will build partnerships by sharing TGCR’s mission, providing tours, storytelling, and supporting community events.
The ideal candidate is able to provide excellent customer service through effective written and verbal communication with Nashville’s diverse community. Candidates should be passionate about sustainability, education, creativity, and able to adapt to a changing workload in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Maintain TGCR’s volunteer social media ambassador program and create videos and digital content.
- Create and administer surveys enabling TGCR to gauge the impact and effectiveness of volunteers on the organization.
- Assist with coordinating volunteers.
- Maintain an online volunteer registration tool and calendar of outreach activities for volunteers.
- Connect with community organizations to schedule, track, evaluate, and facilitate volunteer groups and tours.
- Plan and implement engaging events geared toward increasing volunteer options.
- Develop marketing strategy to promote volunteer programs.
The Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program is designed for entry-level or experienced professionals interested in a career in nonprofit management. You have amazing skills. We will teach you how to put them to work for the greater good.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Interests
- Community Organizing
- Fine Arts/Crafts
- Youth Development
- Commitment to fulfill a one-year term of service (August 16, 2021 – July 29, 2022)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable access to transportation (Members will be reimbursed for service-related mileage.)
- U.S. Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident
- National Service Criminal History Check clearance
Lift and carry up to 20-30lbs; Responsibilities in this position may entail standing for extended periods of time.; Responsibilities in the position may entail serving in the outdoors and potentially in inclement weather; Office or service environment may include noisy environments.; Service responsibilities require moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.;
- $6,345 education award, upon completion of service contract
- Federal student loan forbearance and accrued interest payment
- Bronze-level health coverage through Healthcare.gov
- Training and professional development in nonprofit management
How to Apply
Please complete the Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Application Form. We will contact you within two weeks to let you know if you have been selected for an interview.
Accepting candidates on a rolling basis through August 1, 2021
- Date Posted: March 26, 2021
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 08/16/2021
- Salary Range: $17,500 living allowance, paid in bi-weekly increments
- Working Hours: 35 – 40 hours per week