YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
AMEND Together Specialist
YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
We are actively searching for an AMEND Together Specialist to add to our team! The responsibilities are varied, and you will be working with multiple associations and staff members.
If you have experience working with youth, schools, lesson planning, and are an amazing multi-tasker, thrive while working independently, learn new programs quickly, are ridiculously organized, and would list strategizing and implementing programs for member and revenue growth as some of your best skills, we want to hear from you!
Position provides high quality AMEND Together programming for students in MNPS K-12 schools and identified communities.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Maintains frequent and close professional relationships with immediate peers and immediate supervisor.
Outside the organization: Maintains frequent and close professional relationships with clients, vendors and school officials.
- Facilitates creative, experiential AMEND Together clubs to K-12 aged boys in accordance with youth development principles and MNPS standards, always maintaining appropriate staff-student ratio.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with school administrators, staff and appropriate community agencies to provide quality services to program participants.
- Serves as a liaison between MNPS schools and AMEND Together at YWCA.
- Creates and maintains a safe learning environment that is student-centered, mission-focused and accessible to a diverse student body.
- Maintains student retention in accordance with fiscal year goals.
- Achieves outcomes as determined by fiscal year objectives.
- Participates in YWCA Amend Together activities and/or events as needed.
- Recruits students and faculty to participate in YWCA AMEND Together activities and/or events, as needed.
- Tracks daily attendance, outcomes and other statistics; submits accurate and timely reports as required in ETO.
- Maintains confidential student records in compliance with MNPS and FERPA.
- Collaborates with Sr. Director of Youth Development Services to adapt curriculum and materials across all age groups served.
- Facilitates student service learning projects.
- Recruit, enroll and provide program orientation for youth in targeted schools.
- Purchase and package supplies for all sites.
- Believes in the value and potential of every student.
- Impacts student progress in academics, attendance, and behavior using data points/outcomes.
- Provides family outreach, involving students’ parents in student activities through regular communication.
- Provides training and supervision to program volunteers, as needed.
- Actively participates in Team meetings, Total Staff meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Continually seeks to improve through professional development.
- Represents the YWCA brand in an appropriate and professional manner at all times.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in education, psychology, or related field and two to three years of experience teaching or facilitating to youth.
- Tolerant of various noise levels: noise level in the work environment varies – may be very quiet or extremely loud.
- Ability to interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to talk, listen, move and walk quickly, climb stairs, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years. Must be certified in CPR and first aid.
- High follow through with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer/technology skills.
- Successful collaborative skills working with a variety of groups.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Goal oriented with the ability to work as a part of the team and independently.
- Customer service focused.
- High level of flexibility.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to ending racism and promoting gender equity.
- Demonstrated respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Demonstrated success relating to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Strong belief in the YWCA and ability to convey its importance.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the AMEND Together Specialist position with YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee. Please apply using this link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=78680&clientkey=75324105F162349CC419382B93E8056D.
- Date Posted: May 24, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 05/24/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs./wk, M-F