Alumni Officer for Events and Programs
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Alumni Officer for Events and Programs is responsible for the planning, execution, and management of alumni constituency programming. To expand outreach and involvement among alumni, this position will be responsible for coordination, implementation and management of alumni programming consistent with the mission and vision of the university and the alumni engagement framework which includes communication, experiences, volunteer opportunities and philanthropy. The Alumni Officer will work collaboratively with the Alumni Relations and Development & External Relations team to manage strategic planning efforts for increasing alumni activity and giving to the university.
- Alumni Experience & General Programming
- Regional Networks
- Reunions & Special Programs
- Alumni Giving/Philanthropy
- Program Management
- Special Projects
Scope: Participate in campus and regional events including alumni and annual giving programs, development, parent engagement, athletics and other events that often include evening and weekend work. Some travel required.
- General knowledge of private higher education and, either a well-developed knowledge of Belmont University’s history, programs, traditions, and strategic plans or the ability to rapidly develop such knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership in executing events and programs and managing multiple assignments, while paying attention to details, handling multiple deadlines with shifting priorities and schedules.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with the ability to be creative, innovative, flexible, and decisive.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Expertise in web communications and social media tools.
- Ability to recruit, organize and manage volunteers.
- Ability to articulate values, information, and compelling cases to multiple audiences, one-on-one and through formal presentations.
- Exhibits an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaborative approach to work.
- Ability to travel occasionally (out of state/regionally); ability to work some evenings and/or weekend will be required.
- Ability and willingness to occasionally move and carry materials and equipment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to respond to high-pressure situations. Ability to thrive in an environment of hard work.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Belmont educational experience preferred.
- Three-five years of professional experience in higher education, specializing in areas such as alumni relations, community engagement, program management or development preferred.
- Experience in marketing & communications including social media, student development and volunteer and project management is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in relevant software applications including Microsoft Office, and various web-based databases.
Employee Benefits: https://www.belmont.edu/hr/prospective/benefits.html
How to Apply
- Date Posted: July 6, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education