Young Leaders Council
Alumni Engagement & Events Manager
Young Leaders Council
Young Leaders Council (YLC) is currently seeking to hire a part-time consultant to serve as the Alumni Engagement & Events Manager for our small, creative, and passionate team. This individual will be responsible for providing administrative support and managing YLC’s alumni engagement and external events initiatives. The Alumni Engagement & Events Manager will report directly to YLC’s Executive Director and work closely with the Program Manager.
The Alumni Engagement & Events Manager is a part-time consultant position with a commitment of 15-20 hours per week depending on the needs of the organization. This role is an integral part of the YLC team and is responsible for management of the organization’s alumni engagement and external events initiatives and supports YLC’s marketing communications efforts. This role also provides support for related administrative duties as assigned. The work environment for this position is flexible and will include a hybrid option of in-person and remote work as deemed appropriate. Occasionally work may be required outside of standard operating hours. The ideal person for this role is highly dependable, extremely organized, technologically savvy, creative, a confident and professional communicator, and has a strong desire to grow with the organization.
Specific duties include:
- Serve as a liaison between the organization and all YLC alumni, nonprofit and community partners.
- Manage the planning process and oversee logistics for all YLC continuing education trainings, social gatherings, and fundraising events.
- Screen, track and respond, where appropriate, to alumni related e‑mails. Work with the team to develop and execute successful alumni engagement and communications campaigns, prepare follow-up memos and reports for board and team meetings.
- Work closely with the accounting consultant to maintain the donor database: entering/updating alumni and donor profiles, donations, and in-kind gifts.
- Assist Executive Director and accounting consultant/firm with the reconciliation of QuickBooks/bank statements /donor database reports monthly.
- Provide support for the organization in tracking, editing, and submitting grant reports where appropriate.
- Provide support for the Program Manager throughout the board internship placement process as requested.
- Additional administrative, events, programmatic, and community relations activities as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred; however, qualifying skills and experience may be acceptable.
- 2+ years of development or administrative experience in a nonprofit or education setting a plus.
- Events management or other related experience required.
- Community outreach and relationship management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with donor database systems, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Constant Contact or similar systems, and cloud-based applications such as Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional communication and editing skills. Requires a professional communication and writing style.
This is a part-time consulting position expected to require between 15-20 hours of work time per week based on the needs of the organization. There are currently no health benefits associated with this position. Compensation for this position will be determined based on experience and typically ranges between $19 – $21 per hour. Young Leaders Council has a flexible working environment, which may occasionally require work to be performed outside of normal working hours.
How to Apply
Please email a PDF version of your cover letter, resume, and three professional references (email, phone, and nature of each affiliation) to email@example.com.
References will not be contacted without prior approval. Please send your information using “YLC Alumni Engagement & Events Manager” in the email subject line. Submissions that are incomplete or sent by other means, including phone calls, will not be considered or returned. Only applicants selected for consideration will be contacted. Applications are accepted until the position is filled. All correspondence is confidential. Background check required.
- Date Posted: August 27, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 08/30/2021
- Salary Range: 19-21 per hour
- Working Hours: 15-20 hrs/wk: M-F flexible schedule