Aging Services Counselor/ Social Worker
Greater Nashville Regional Council
The Greater Nashville Regional Council (GNRC) is seeking a full-time Information and Assistance Counselor for its Department of Aging and Disability Services. The Department’s responsibilities include 1) planning and coordination of state/federal investments into programs and services aimed at improving quality of life for senior adults across the region, 2) coordinating services among a network of senior centers and providers, 3) providing counseling/ assessments to help Middle Tennesseans enroll in programs and services, and 4) monitoring the performance of grant-funded programs to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements.
GNRC is the regional council of governments for Nashville and surrounding counties and serves as one of nine regional economic development districts established by the Tennessee General Assembly in 1965. GNRC also serves as the region’s state/federally-designated Area Agency on Aging & Disability (AAAD), working in close partnership with the TN Commission on Aging and Disability (TCAD) and TennCare. More information is available at GNRC.org and TN.gov/Aging.
GNRC’s Information and Assistance Program serves as an initial point of entry for older adults or their caretakers who are interested in learning more about their eligibility for long-term care services or other programs that can help maintain quality of life for aging adults. The primary responsibilities of the Information and Assistance Counselor include:
- Help education and inform older adults or their caretakers about programs and services available to assist with long-term care, transportation, nutrition, or other needs as appropriate.
- Conduct screenings and follow-up phone calls to assess consumer’s needs and eligibility for available in-home or community-based programs and services.
- Provide information counseling and referrals to help consumers navigate to the appropriate service or program.
- Keep informed on aging and disability related issues and gather information about available resources and local service providers, as needed.
- Act as client advocate by assuring clients are linked to the appropriate services and by monitoring complaints.
- Document consumer information collected from interactions and counseling sessions within the appropriate systems.
- Perform research and prepare reports as requested.
The ideal candidate would have a Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field with two years of relevant experience. Other requirements include excellent communication skills with experience conducting phone interviews or counseling, proficiency with MS Office, and the ability to work both independently and within a team setting. Bilingual language skills is a plus. Foreign degrees and credentials will be considered.
Full Benefits Package
How to Apply
If interested please visit and apply at: https://www.gnrc.org/jobs
Position open until filled.
GNRC is an EOE, AA Employer
- Date Posted: September 7, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Government