Linden Waldorf School
Linden Waldorf School
Position: Aftercare Coordinator
Status: Part-time, Hourly 2:00 P.M. – 5:45 P.M.
The Aftercare Coordinator shall meet the needs first-eighth grade students in an after school setting. The coordinator is responsible for ensuring that children are safe and cared for until caregivers arrive for pickup.
Classroom Responsibilities and Duties:
- Set up for any activities and snack prior to arrival of children.
- Sign-in the children, and supervise the children in play during sign-in or provide games and activities until snack.
- Help children remember if/when they have a lesson.
- Lead preparation, supervision, and clean up of snack.
- Shop for groceries and oversee purchase of other Aftercare supplies.
- Monitor homework, activities, or games after snack.
- Reset the classrooms, and lock up the building after last child has left.
- Sweeping, dusting, washing dishes, laundry, etc. as needed to maintain classroom cleanliness.
- Relay messages to the parents from other teachers.
- File attendance records with the office at the end of each day.
- Keep records of aftercare attendance.
- Calculate Aftercare billing on a quarterly basis.
- All teachers share responsibility for the well-being of the school.
- Maintaining and striving for an openness to understand and work with the Anthroposophical underpinnings of Waldorf Education and child development.
- Attendance and participation in parent conference days, and parent meetings. Attendance at other parent conferences as much as possible in schedule.
- Attendance and participation in weekly faculty meetings, three (3) In Service sessions in the beginning and end of each academic year (August and June) and spring of each year (February or March).
- Attendance at the All School Meetings called by the Board of Trustees.
- Participation in the design and execution of an individualized plan for professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or related experience
1 – 2 years previous classroom experience
Physical Job Requirements for all Linden Waldorf School Employees
Must be able to:
- Remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time, standing or sitting.
- Move about to reach students and/or access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly/occasionally operate a computer and other office machinery.
- Ascend/descend stairs and traverse campus
- Position self as needed, including bending, crouching, kneeling, lifting, reaching.
- Lift up to 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Frequently communicate with students, parents, colleagues, and leadership.
- Actively supervise students with focus even when distractions present.
- Work in various outdoor weather conditions for extended periods of time.
It is the policy of Linden Waldorf School to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, status as a covered veteran, or any other legally protected status, in accordance with federal and state law, and not to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Dental, Health, and Vision
How to Apply
Please email resumes to email@example.com
- Date Posted: May 11, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Arts / Culture