Operation Stand Down Tennessee
Aftercare Case Manager
Operation Stand Down Tennessee
This position will operate primarily out of Clarksville at 115 3rd St North.
The Aftercare Case Manager at Operation Stand Down Tennessee will be responsible for the provision of a full-range of case management services for a caseload of approximately 20-25 Veterans exiting VA Grant and Per Diem (GPD)/ Healthcare for Homeless Veterans (HCHV) transitional housing into independent, permanent, and affordable housing. The Aftercare CM will work cooperatively with the GPD/HCHV transitional housing staff of partner agencies on the Veterans housing plan while housing is secured and then assume primary responsibilities for the remaining six-month period of the Veterans transition into independent housing. The Aftercare CM will continuously work independently and with VA/ partner agency staff to develop access to community services and resources for newly housed Veterans. The Aftercare CM will be responsible to maintain necessary liaison relationships with assigned partner agencies GPD/HCHV staff and administration as well as appropriate VA Liaison staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
1. Completes a full range of social work/ case management activities with formerly homeless Veterans exiting transitional housing services: Intake and Assessment, Care Planning (develop, monitor, update, and revise), Referral, Liaison and Brokering, Education, and Advocacy.
2. Through direct linkage, advocacy, education, and support, implements and updates with the Veteran a comprehensive Treatment Plan to secure and/or maintain access to and use of:
- Housing and Housing Resources;
- Income and Employment Resources; and
- Community Social Services and Resources.
3. Facilitates pro-active relationship with and problem solving between Veteran and landlord to include recognition of Tenant Rights and Responsibilities.
4. Assists in the process of securing and maintaining needed program(s) eligibility documentation.
5. Maintains needed documentation of services rendered to include contacts, units, progress notes, assessments, treatment plans and outcomes.
6. Maintains work consistent with Department/Team Quality Assurance Standards.
Coordination with Partner Agencies:
1. Participate in scheduled Clinical staffing and case consultations
2. Where appropriate, participation in partner agency educational groups and activities focused to housing related issues, especially Tenant Rights presentations.
3. Provide relevant / updated individual and aggregate data concerning Veterans served in program
Resource Identification / Outreach:
1. Identify, establish and/or maintain contact with key housing services/resources providers that support permanent housing placement.
2. Identify, establish and/or maintain contact with key veteran and social services providers of services that supporting client long-term permanent housing stability.
Bachelor’s degree in social work / human services and/or commensurate two or more years of experience in community case management / social services. Strong preference for those candidates who have MSW / MA in human services; with experience working with Veterans and/or comprehensive knowledge of regional veteran services; with experience housing and homelessness and related social services and resources.
OSDTN has a liberal PTO policy–12 paid holidays and 20 days PTO annually. Additionally, we have a 401K and pay 50% of an employees medical, dental and vision benefitswhich equates to approximately $3500/year.
How to Apply
A resume and cover letter should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Selected candidate must pass a drug test and background check.
- Date Posted: June 21, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 07/25/2022
- Salary Range: $35-$42K
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week, schedule can vary per week and some remote work is possible