Linden Waldorf School
Linden Waldorf School
Linden Waldorf School is an independent school in Nashville serving children in preschool through grade 8.
Position: Aftercare Assistant Teacher
Status: Part-time, Hourly (M-F 12:15-5:30)
The Aftercare Assistant shall meet the needs of the children, the program, and the well being of the classroom. Prompt and regular attendance is an essential duty and responsibility of this position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Support the Aftercare Coordinator though the following:
- Supervise the children in play during sign-in or provide age-appropriate games and activities until snack.
- Help prepare, supervise, and clean up snack.
- Monitor homework, activities, or games after snack.
- Help reset the classrooms and/or outdoor spaces and lock the buildings, as requested.
High school diploma, continuing education in an accredited college program. Background check required prior to employment.
Previous experience in a classroom or child care setting. Familiarity with Waldorf education.
Physical Job Requirements for all Linden Waldorf School Employees
Must be able to:
- Remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time, standing or sitting.
- Move about to reach students and/or access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly/occasionally operate a computer and other office machinery.
- Ascend/descend stairs and traverse campus ? Position self as needed, including bending, crouching, kneeling, lifting, reaching.
- Lift up to 40 pounds on a regular basis. ? Frequently communicate with students, parents, colleagues, and leadership.
- Actively supervise students with focus even when distractions present.
- Work in various outdoor weather conditions for extended periods of time.
It is the policy of Linden Waldorf School to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, status as a covered veteran, or any other legally protected status, in accordance with federal and state law, and not to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Position does not include benefit package.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references via:
Linden Waldorf School 3201 Hillsboro Pike
Nashville, TN 37215
- Date Posted: August 24, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth