Turnip Green Creative Reuse
Aftercare Assistant Teaching Artist
Turnip Green Creative Reuse
Turnip Green Creative Reuse invests in people, the environment, and creativity. We keep tons of materials out of the landfill by taking in donations from businesses and the community. We believe everyone deserves a safe space to create and have access to materials, so our shop is pay-what-you-wish. We support and show reuse artists in our gallery. We teach about the environment and creativity in the community to all ages and nurture youth through our after school programs.
Turnip Green Creative Reuse is seeking Assistant Aftercare Teaching Artists to join our team! This position reports to TGCR’s Program Manager and works in a team of several part-time staff members. People of color and LGBTQIA+ teachers are encouraged to apply. Spanish or Arabic language fluency is a plus.
TGCR offers aftercare programs at three unique Metro Nashville Public School sites, Monday-Friday from 2:30-6:00 PM. Our aftercare program aims to inspire creativity and encourage sustainable practices; to build positive relationships with students; and to guide students in their artistic, social, academic and emotional growth.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Turnip Green Creative Reuse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: TGCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at TGCR are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. TGCR will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
As an Assistant Teaching Artist, you are responsible for working with a Lead Teaching Artist to teach a group of 20 students and supporting them with creative reuse education and art projects, academic support and outdoor/movement activities. This Lead Teaching Artist will be supported with an Assistant Teaching Artist.
- Oversee and assist with leading students through snack, physical play, social-emotional learning, and art-making.
- Communicating with Aftercare Site Lead and TGCR staff.
● Teaching or leading a group (K-4 preferred)
● Creating visual arts and/or reuse art
● Working collaboratively on a team
● Punctual and devotes energy to students when leading classes
● Flexible and willing to take on program responsibilities as needed
● Creative with reusable materials
● Environmentally conscious
● Clear communicator
● Prepared and forward-thinking
● Patient, empathetic, and understanding of students, fellow teaching artists, TGCR staff and members, and other members of our community
● Works well on a team, strengthens community, and furthers our mission
● Accepting and respectful of all demographics and lifestyles
● Advocate for and support TGCR by making donations for materials (not those used for TGCR educational programs), attending events, engaging in social media, and/or promoting TGCR
This position is 17.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 2:30-6:00pm.
Rate of pay: $13.00-14.00/hr
How to Apply
Apply through Indeed here: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?_ga=2.45952612.1938522898.1630591827-170683371.1626189338&jk=68659a86f2890d42&t=aftercare%20assistant%20teaching%20artist
- Date Posted: September 7, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Salary Range: $13.00-14.00/hr
- Working Hours: M-F, 2:30-6:00