After School Staff – Refugee Youth Program
Nations Ministry Center
Nations Ministry Center is looking for a new youth literacy team member to help refugee children become grade level readers and adjust to their new lives in Nashville. Our mission is helping refugee families become generationally successful.
- Creating a safe environment in which refugee youth can thrive academically and socially
- Assisting students with an on-line literacy program and their homework
- Keeping statistics and working toward meeting grant outcomes
- Supervising volunteer tutors
- Other duties as assigned
Team members will work in our after-school literacy program on Monday-Thursday from 2:00pm-6:15pm when school is in session (about 17 hours a week). Compensation starts at $15 an hour.
- Candidates will have a strong commitment to Nations Ministry Center’s mission, compassion for children who have lived through traumatic events, and a willingness to be trained in the most effective responses.
- Applicant must be able to pass a background check.
There are no additional benefits offered at this time.
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: February 12, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 02/24/2020
- Salary Range: 15
- Working Hours: 17 hrs/wk; M-Th, 2:00pm - 6:15pm