After-school Program Manager
Conexión Américas seeks qualified candidates for the full-time position of After School Program Manager. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communications skills in English and Spanish and significant experience in working with Latino populations. The candidate will also demonstrate an understanding of challenges relating to youth development in low-income communities, specifically in the Latino immigrant community. Experience with education or leadership development is preferred. The successful candidate must be highly organized, compassionate and adaptable to working with people of diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds. Only candidates who can demonstrate total commitment to the mission and values of Conexión Américas should apply. Please read about our mission and values on our website at www.conexionamericas.org.
This is a permanent, full-time staff position that reports to the Associate Director of Education Programs. The After-school Program Manager will be responsible for leading two Conexión Américas’ middle school afterschool program sites, including outreach, curriculum development, and school relationships & logics, as well as supporting the professional development and management of 4 part-time staff. The expected start date for this role is June 15th, 2021.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the planning, development and implementation of two Conexión Américas middle school after-school sites, serving Latino students and a high percentage of English Learners and Recent Arrivals
- Provides oversight of the part-time program staff and volunteers, including but not limited to: recruitment, screening, hiring, training and supervision.
- Serves as the main information source and point of contact for students and families participating in the programs.
- Develops and maintains positive and effective relationships with school administrators, school staff and community partners.
- Plans and participates in student recruitment and retention initiatives
- Develops and manages relationships with partner organizations that can provide programming for students
- Develops curriculum for the program, including educational, enrichment, and recreational activities that align with program goals
- Utilizes positive strategies to support the social and emotional development of all the students
- Assist in creating, planning and maintaining a safe and healthy learning environment for all students
- Manage program materials and supplies
- Facilitates program sessions and serves as substitute for absent program staff members
- Leads the implementation and delivery of a yearly service learning and leadership project at both sites
- Coordinates special events and program field trips
- Oversee budget for programming and authorizes purchases through approved process
- Reports program information to funders and other stakeholders
- Leads writing and reporting for program related grants
- Tracks attendance and maintains accurate data entry of all program participants.
- Attends youth development program professional development trainings
- Supports all other Conexion Americas Youth Programming
General Organizational Support:
- Communicates in a positive and effective manner Conexión Américas’ mission and programs
- Assists with fairs and outreach events on behalf of Conexión Américas to talk about all of Conexión Américas’ programs
- Attends and provides support as needed to organizational events and fundraisers
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed above. As with every other job at Conexión Américas, every person in the organization will assist in any way necessary to respond to new demands and to assure a collaborative environment.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Spanish required, biculturalism preferred
- Flexibility, creativity, initiative and ability to work as a team member required
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of stakeholders required
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and strict timelines required
- Flexible schedule required
- Ability and willingness to work some evenings and weekends required
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and database management required
- Reliable transportation required
- Demonstrated appreciation for Latino culture and people required
- Strong understanding of Latino culture and Latino issues in the U.S required
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs. preferred
- Experience and knowledge of nonprofit organizations’ operations preferred
Option to enroll in Short-term Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance
Generous Paid Time Off Package
Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Sara Del Castillo, Director of People & Culture, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or in-person inquiries, please.
- Date Posted: April 23, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 06/15/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk