Affiliate Support Coordinator
NAMI Tennessee provides support, education, and advocacy for those impacted by mental illness in Tennessee through the state office and a network of local affiliates (chapters). This position provide support and technical assistance to local Tennessee affiliates which are primarily operated by NAMI volunteers. Learn more about NAMI Tennessee at www.namitn.org
Provide support to current affiliates by focusing on leadership development and sharing of responsibility:
(Note, due to the Corona Virus Pandemic, affiliate support services are to be offered virtually. Travel to visit affiliates in person is required when conditions change).
- Educate affiliates on the roles and responsibilities (education, support groups, helpline, advocacy, outreach, fundraising/NAMIWalks) of being a NAMI affiliate and provide support and assistance for affiliate growth and development
- Assist affiliate with creation of a development plan annually.
- Contact leaders at each affiliate and complete documentation on a monthly basis.
- Monitor affiliate compliance with data gathering and other reporting expectations.
- Visit each affiliate’s meeting virtually or in person once every six months.
- Disseminate communications from NAMI Tennessee and NAMI National policies and policies related to the NAMI mission.
- Insure that contact information for each affiliate is up to date on NAMI.org, NAMITN.org and within the state office to enhance contact with the affiliate.
- Assist with strategies for affiliate leadership development and volunteer recruitment.
- Encourage involvement of diverse populations.
- Participate in NAMI TN staff meetings, affiliate calls and trainings, and other NAMI TN activities
- Work with NAMI members and others to establish new affiliates as interest emerges.
- Actively recruit teachers and presenters for NAMI education classes and programs.
- Represent NAMI TN at community task forces/coalitions and encourage affiliate members to perform this activity .
This job is currently a full time position with benefits and a flexibility work schedule. While currently a work from home position, this position will work in the NAMI state office in Nashville.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Experience with mental illness as an individual with lived experience, a caregiver, or an individual with mental health training or work experience is highly preferred. Familiarity with NAMI is highly preferred. A college degree is desired, but not required if the employee has the life experiences and job skills to perform the job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Full time position include:
- Health Insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to impact community
How to Apply
Send email with resume or a cover letter sharing interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: August 14, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 09/01/2020
- Salary Range: $13-$16/hr
- Working Hours: Flexible