The CASA Advocate Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to directly supervise volunteer advocates who are appointed to advocate for children in court. Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Supervisory Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend weekly program staff meetings to determine and discuss any problems or plans involving volunteers or cases.
- Attend monthly staff meetings to keep leadership apprised of relevant program and training information.
- Assist the Program Director in assigning volunteers to cases.
- Assist with compiling information for reporting monthly for all grants and funders.
- Assist leadership in any and all agency activities as needed or required.
- Participate in bi-weekly supervision with Program Director to discuss any problems or needs involving volunteers or cases.
- Review, staff and assign cases to advocates.
- Supervise advocates to ensure the child’s best interest is being met.
- Work individually with assigned advocates to ensure the child’s best interest is being met.
- Ensure that necessary reports are submitted to the court in time for the scheduled hearing/meeting.
- Accompany advocates to court hearings and related case meetings.
- Represent CASA in court hearings and related case meeting when an advocate can not be present.
- Actively participates in training of volunteers.
- Facilitate and participate as assistant facilitator for New Volunteer Training of CASA Advocates.
- Participates in 12 hours of required professional development annually.
- Attend any workshops and conferences relevant to CASA.
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related field or 5+ years of related experience and/or training, and 2 years of supervisory experience required. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
This position is benefits eligible.
How to Apply
Email resume and salary requirements to:
- Date Posted: March 6, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services