Advancement Services Coordinator II
Fisk University is looking for a dynamic and innovative individual to serve as the Advancement Services Coordinator. This position serves as the lead staff member responsible for processing gifts, donor acknowledgments, and varied financial reports, and maintains and enhances stewardship programs. The Advancement Services Coordinator has significant responsibilities in the areas of data and gift entry to ensure that all cash gifts, stock donations, and pledges are accurately recorded in the Raiser’s Edge database and reconciled with the Financial Office. This position also provides administrative support and assistance to the University Advancement department by answering and directing phone calls, assists in data entry and other duties as requested.
- Handle all duties relative to processing, recording and providing tax receipts and acknowledging gifts in the Raiser’s Edge fundraising database, including mail pick up and delivery from University offices.
- Coordinate and prioritize day-to-day gift processing activities and ensure accurate processing of checks, credit cards, and electronic funds transfers for unrestricted and restricted gifts and stewardship of gifts. This includes creating and updating computerized donor records. Entering all gift information in donor records, updating addresses and all contact information as well as checking the accuracy of data to maintain data integrity and to ensure no duplicate records are entered. Communicating via email and by telephone with donors to ensure accuracy and donor intent.
- Processes data sets from Blackbaud Net Community (BBNC) which include online donations, participant set up, profile updates and event registrations. Processes monthly recurring gifts via credit card and/or direct debits.
- Assist with processing requests by Fisk alumni to join the Fisk Forever Network Online Community as needed. Follow up with email confirmation acceptance into the network.
- Handles highly sensitive information and maintains strict confidentiality on all materials handled. Adheres to established University and departmental data integrity standards.
- Reconcile batches with Raiser’s Edge and prepare batches for daily deposit.
- Produce and distribute accurate receipts, gift acknowledgement letters and tribute notifications for every gift within a designated benchmarked timeframe for Institutional Advancement and the Office of the President.
- Assist with the preparation of RE queries, imports, exports, and reports as needed,
- Maintains appropriate internal documentation for the University including hard copies of donor/gift files.
- Cultivate relationships with donors to ensure appropriate recognition.
- Interact professionally with Fisk’s donors to give gratitude while securing confidential gift information.
- Communicate with Director of Advancement Services to ensure accurate processing of gifts and to ensure financial integrity and accuracy.
- Communicate with Director of Advancement Services and Finance Department to resolve technical problems or adjustments that must be made to ensure accurate processing of gifts.
- Coordinate bi-weekly employee payroll deductions with Payroll Supervisor, reconcile batches for posting.
- Process special handling of non-routine deposits.
- Track outstanding pledges and produce pledge reminder letters to donors and reports as appropriate. Adjust gifts and pledges as directed by the EVP or Director of Advancement Services. Log prospect and donor news, communication and information into Raiser’s Edge records. Verify and update biographical data in Raiser’s Edge as provided by Development Officers, constituent’s information on checks and/or correspondence to ensure the accuracy of the database. Assist with database projects as needed
- Ability to assist with all aspects of administrative support for departmental operations, including but not limited to answering phone calls and providing information of the programs within the department, routine and annual mailings.
- Manages Advancement Office events including event registration and events reporting.
- Must commit to being on site at end of fiscal year and end of calendar year (i.e., during School holidays) to ensure effective and efficient gift processing and reporting.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must have 1-3 years of experience in gift processing with strong familiarity with Raiser’s Edge usage including queries, exports and reporting skills.
- Collaborative work style to support the Advancement needs for information.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy; commitment to seeking correct spelling, naming conventions, address formats and best practices through internet searches, best practices of industry leaders such as the Association of Advancement Services Professionals and CASE.
- The ability to organize and prioritize work, be self-motivated, proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- A strong customer service orientation and the ability to interact professionally with campus colleagues at all levels as well as alumni, parents and friends around gift and biographical data entry.
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to write and speak clearly, concisely, and persuasively and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, both with documents and with event preparation. Ability to collaborate frequently and effectively with other staff. Ability to maintain a proper level of confidentiality with donor and data information
- Ability to work well in team environment
Benefits eligible position.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Email submissions only. Please include Advancement Services Coordinator in subject line. No phone calls please. Salary based on qualifications and experience.
This is not a remote position.
- Date Posted: March 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education
- Salary Range: Salary based on qualifications and experience.