The King's Daughters' School
The King's Daughters' School
The King’s Daughters’ School is a residential school for students with intellectual disabilities and autism located in Columbia, Tennessee.
The King’s Daughters’ School improves the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities through caring, goal-oriented service, delivered by dedicated staff in a safe, warm learning environment. KDS programs are based on the philosophy that individuals with developmental disabilities learn through living and that their total life activities contribute to the effectiveness of the learning process. KDS provides experiences in accordance with the principles of normalization, utilizing methods that are as culturally normative and least restrictive as possible and that include educational, vocational, recreational, and social activities and opportunities.
We are seeking an Advancement Director to provide vision and leadership to our marketing, fundraising, public relations, and admission efforts.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will be responsible for promoting the mission of The King’s Daughters’ School by developing and implementing annual goals for all aspects of gift solicitation and management, image, communication, and student recruitment. The Advancement Director will serve as part of the PQI Team and work directly with the Senior Leadership Team.
The Advancement Director supervises the Admissions Director as part of the Advancement Team. This position is vital to the success of both the short and long-term growth of The King’s Daughters’ School ensuring our 100+ year legacy of service.
- Seek resources to increase the endowment and scholarship funds as well as capital campaigns and any other special event or activity as deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
- Work with the Finance Committee, Operations Director, Controller, and Executive Director to receipt, record, acknowledge, and track financial and in-kind gifts.
- Ensure all gifts meet Finance policy guidelines, KDS needs, and the donor’s specifications.
- Locate, apply, secure, manage, report on, and close out grants as applicable to the school.
- Work to develop stakeholders into financial supporters through a planned giving program.
- Coordinate advertising and marketing efforts utilizing the advice of the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- Maintain current printed, web-based, and visual materials on the school programs.
- Coordinate and oversee all design and content of printed materials that represent the school, ensuring compliance with branding requirements.
- Coordinate special events for students, families, the Board of Directors, and the general public that promote a positive image of the school, including but not limited to graduation, Maury Alliance coffees and special events, Family Day, Board retreats, Open Houses, etc.
- Develop and plan events that enhance the school both internally and externally.
- Serve as liaison with and manage volunteers.
- Ensure the creation and distribution of external newsletters, press releases, website information, social media sites, admissions, marketing, and development materials.
- Assist with internal communications, including the creation and distribution of internal newsletters.
- Serve as spokesperson for routine public needs for the school at the explicit request of the Executive Director.
- Assist in communication with parents through notices of special events, website postings, emails, etc.
- Assist the Admissions Director and Executive Director in the recruitment of students.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and events (locally and nationally) to represent the school.
Serve as a member of the Performance & Quality Improvement.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Provide evidence of a current TB Skin Test upon hire and prior to the first day of employment.
- Handle With Care Training upon hire and prior to the first day of contact with students and maintain certification annually.
- Upon hire, PREA and TennCare Fraud Training.
- Successful completion of all pre-employment background screenings
Be in good health and free of mental and/or physical limitations that would interfere in dealing appropriately with the client’s handicapping conditions and behavior disorders.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off, Sick Leave, and Short-Term Disability leave
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com
- Date Posted: September 8, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 11/01/2023
- Salary Range: $60,000-$75,000
- Working Hours: 40 hours/week; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm occasional evenings and weekends based on event attendance