Adult Literacy Program Assistant
Read To Succeed, Inc
This position is in Murfreesboro, TN. Read To Succeed is looking for an experienced, organized part-time Adult Literacy Program Assistant to work in a small yet fast-paced office environment. This position is responsible for helping maintain all the data, scheduling and testing of our adult learners as well assist the Adult Literacy Coordinator. Salary commensurate with experience and working hours will be 20 hours per week within M-Thur. and between the hours of 8-4.
Read To Succeed improves lives in Rutherford County by offering free literacy programs and events for adults and children. Read To Succeed supports this mission by fostering literacy partnerships between providers, educators, community helpers and business owners, creating events and programming to promote literacy and providing resources such as the Literacy Center and our website.
Read To Succeed (RTS) Adult Literacy Program Assistant
Reports To: Adult Literacy Coordinator and Executive Director
20 hours per week
Position will assist in the coordination of the ABE & ESL programs.
Adult Literacy (ABE):
- Complete monthly report/record keeping
- Delivery of materials
- Assist with communication to and from tutor/learners
- Assist with tutor trainings & workshops
- Help with “first meets” between tutors and learners
English Language Learner (ESL):
- Maintain Substitute list for tutors.
- Organize and manage the upkeep of curriculum and supplies, etc.
- Maintain student testing and progress through the program.
- Manage attendance sheets, visit sites to track goals, support teachers, etc.
- Assist with trainings for ESL teachers and assistants.
- Available to work nights as needed.
- Available to substitute at all of the ESL sites.
- Work collaboratively with the RTS team.
- Professionally represent Read To Succeed to the community.
- Attend RTS council meetings and board meetings as necessary to present reports and program updates.
- Assist with Volunteer Luncheon and Celebrity Spelling Bee
- Assist with answering office phone calls
- Other duties as assigned
Passion for literacy and the community.
Able to work independently with flexible hours.
Provide own transportation and vehicle.
Have excellent computer skills
Have excellent “people” skills and ability to interact with variety of individuals
Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
Bachelor’s Degree in social work, education or related field or 2-years experience preferred, but not required.
One week vacation after one year. Two weeks after two years. No other benefits since part-time and a non-profi.
How to Apply
To apply, send an email with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: September 16, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 09/28/2020
- Salary Range: $15,600 annually
- Working Hours: M-Th. 20 hours between 8am and 4pm