Adult Education Program Manager
Position: Adult Education Program Manager
Conexión Américas seeks qualified candidates for the position of Adult Education Program
Manager to provide organizational and programmatic support for the Adult English Program, and the Economic Prosperity Team.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills in English and Spanish and significant experience in working in a professional setting. The successful candidate must be highly organized, self-motivated, compassionate, and adaptable to working with people of diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds. Experience with teaching English, program management, curriculum development, and volunteer recruitment and training preferred. This position meets with many potential students in Spanish, advanced to native level fluency is required. Please note that part of the interview will be conducted in Spanish.
Only candidates who can demonstrate total commitment to the mission and values of Conexión Américas should apply. Please read about our mission and values on our website at www.conexionamericas.org.
This is a permanent, full-time staff position. The Adult Education Program Manager is responsible for: coordinating English as a Second Language Classes, recruiting, developing, and leading trainings for adult education volunteers, and facilitating other adult education opportunities in conjunction with partner organizations. We work in a collaborative, team-based, fast-paced environment. There are no private offices in our space and camaraderie is a value shared among all staff. Our program and classes are operating in a hybrid format, and staff must be equipped to navigate meetings and programming through virtual platforms including but not limited to Zoom and Google Suite.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, will demonstrate a high level of initiative and will be able to work well both independently and as a member of a team. The Adult Education Program Manager must also be able to manage a wide variety of professional relationships
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Recruits, interviews, selects, and supervises volunteer English as a Second Language Instructors
- Develops and implements professional development trainings for volunteer English as a Second Language (ESL) teachers
- Provides ongoing mentoring and support for volunteer ESL teachers
- Serves as a substitute teacher in English as Second Language classes, as needed
- Maintains records on each ESL student, ensuring that attendance records, intake forms and evaluations are completed and recorded in a timely manner
- Completes intake procedures with potential program participants; actively promotes the program and recruits students for the adult education program on an ongoing basis
- Leads the development of the adult education program, including the curriculum, scope and sequence of the program
- Assists the Senior Director of Strategic Growth with grant writing and reporting for the Adult Education programs
- Prepares and monitors adult education program budget
- Leads the development of adult education policies and procedures manual
- Coordinates the purchasing of books, materials, and supplies for adult education classes
- Coordinates and supervises childcare during adult education classes as needed
- Attends meetings and conferences relating to adult education on behalf of Conexión Américas
- Develops and maintains excellent customer service, both verbally and in writing
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff, and agency information
General Organizational Support:
- Attends organization-wide staff meetings and retreats
- Communicates in a positive and effective manner Conexión Américas’ mission and programs to program participants and the general public
- Attends and provides support as needed to organizational events and fundraisers throughout the year, including fundraising breakfast and The Latin Party
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed above. As with every other job at Conexión Américas, every person in the organization will assist in any way necessary to respond to new demands and to assure a collaborative environment.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education and Experience)
- Must participate in the Conexión Américas background check process
- Experience teaching English to non-English speakers required
- Bachelor’s Degree required; teaching experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Spanish required, biculturalism preferred
- Flexibility, initiative, and ability to work as a team member required
- Experience interacting with diverse groups of stakeholders required
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail required
- Exceptional ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks required
- Ability to work independently, handle various roles, and work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and strict timelines required
- Results-oriented with analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Flexible schedule required as classes take place twice per week during the evenings
- Excellent computer skills, including Zoom, Google Suite, MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and database management experience required; ability to learn new systems in a timely fashion required
- Reliable transportation required
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs. Required
- Demonstrated appreciation for Latino culture and people required
- Strong understanding of Latino culture and Latino issues in the US preferred
- Familiarity with Nashville community preferred
- Experience and knowledge of nonprofit organizations’ operations and general office procedures preferred
Must live in the Greater Nashville area and be able to lead in person classes once our offices
Salary and Benefits
- The salary ranges from $48,000 to $50,000, commensurate with experience and education.
- Medical and Dental insurance
- PTO Benefits: 18 vacation/personal days and 12 sick days for all full-time employees
- Holidays – 10 paid holidays for all full-time employees
- Flexible 9-5pm schedule, with occasional evenings or Saturdays as needed
- Ongoing training and development
About Conexión Américas
Conexión Américas is a Latino nonprofit organization based in Nashville, TN. Our mission is to build a welcoming community and create opportunities where Latino families can belong, contribute and succeed. Our organization was founded in 2002 to address some of the most pressing challenges created by recent demographic changes in Middle Tennessee as an increasing number of Latino families come to this region searching for a better quality of life.
We focus on four areas of community impact:
Social Integration (family engagement, youth development and English as a Second Language),
Economic Integration (homeownership, micro-entrepreneurship and taxpayer education/assistance), Civic Integration community education through workshops and grassroots leadership development) and Community Development (arts and placemaking).
For more information about Conexión Américas, visit us at www.conexionamericas.org and check our organization’s profile at www.GivingMatters.com
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Tomas Yan, Associate Director of Economic Prosperity, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or in-person inquiries, please.
- Date Posted: December 5, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Education