The Admissions Specialist is responsible for assisting patients and their families through the various stages of the admissions process. This position evaluates referrals in terms of appropriateness for services offered by Cumberland Heights. This position also counsels with the client on the recommendations, cost, and probable efficacy and duration of treatment services. The Admissions Specialist operates under the clinical supervision of a LADAC or other appropriate licensure.
- Screens inquiry calls and conducts face-to-face chemical dependency assessments to determine appropriateness for admission, consulting with a clinical supervisor as needed.
- Communicates clearly to each prospective client their treatment options and their probable financial responsibility.
- Meets scheduled appointments in a timely and professional manner.
- Determines probable efficacy of treatment programs offered by Cumberland Heights as they relate to each potential patient and makes alternate recommendations as indicated; consulting with a clinical supervisor as needed.
- Communicates and cooperates with other admissions staff, benefits verification, clinical staff, medical staff, and UR personnel.
- Provides timely and complete documentation of the admissions process.
- Performs CPR and First Aid as needed.
- Documents pertinent clinical information into the electronic patient record.
- Ensures that a welcoming, safe, and healing environment is maintained for each patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Recommends ways to improve the quality and delivery of services.
- Maintains confidentiality of company and patient information.
- Reacts productively to change.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or CPRS with one year of behavioral healthcare experience required; Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field and active pursuit of LADAC preferred.
Competitive benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance; PTO, 401-K
How to Apply
Apply on our website
- Date Posted: August 22, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)