Westminster Home Connection
Westminster Home Connection
Do you want to make an impact on the lives of older adults to age in place safely and retain affordable housing? Are you looking for a non-profit career where administration and financial management impacts your community and is a catalyst for neighbors helping neighbors? A place where your experience and commitment support the vision of a unique nonprofit? These are exciting times at Westminster Home Connection, and we are looking for you.
The Administrator is a key leader in our agency. The Administrator’s duties are wide ranging, from building relationships and problem-solving with community leaders to answering the phone.
About us: Why work for Westminster Home Connection? We repair and modify homes to empower older adults and persons with disabilities to age in place safely. Instead of homes falling into disrepair, the older adult ages in place in their community and affordable housing is preserved. Our staff is composed of five construction workers, the Executive Director, the Administrator, a contract case manager, a part-time assistant, and a volunteer Treasurer/grant writer. We value diversity – in background and experience. In our rewarding atmosphere, we work together to improve our community. More about the impact of our work can be found here: Stories — Westminster Home Connection.
- Coordinating client cases with referral agencies and our operations staff
- Monitoring agency and grant goals
- Grant compliance and reporting
- Social media and other communications
- Organizing and scheduling meetings and events
- Maintaining lists of supporters
- Assisting with bookkeeping
- Making bank deposits
- Answering the agency phone, mail and emails,
- Handling other day-to-day office duties
Training: We support career development. Depending on the agency’s need and the individual’s skills, training areas can include leadership, case management, information technology, maintaining databases, grant compliance, accounting, and construction.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Marketing and Communications a plus
- Exceptional organization skills, including the ability to keep data organized and projects on-time
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work independently and exercise independent judgment
- Sensitivity to the needs of older adults and persons with disabilities. Desire and ability to work with diverse populations.
- Able to work calmly and efficiently resolve conflicts in sensitive situations
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run
- 10 days of paid vacation
- 8 paid holidays per year
- Supplemental payment to purchase health insurance
- 3% matching contribution to a Simple IRA.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Jobs@westminsterhomeconnection.org, along with a cover letter explaining why you believe you are a good fit for this position.
- Date Posted: September 2, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Housing
- Salary Range: $45 - 50K annual salary
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm (Flexibility available)