Portara Ensemble is a Nashville-based vocal ensemble that uses choral music to elevate and inspire audiences through the transformative power of artistic collaboration and community engagement. Portara utilizes the singular power of the human voice to open doors to a variety of cultural and artistic possibilities. Portara Ensemble has over 50 rotational singers on its roster with about 20-30 performing in each concert.
Portara Ensemble is managed by an Artistic Director and an active working Board. Portara’s Board is seeking an Administrative Manager to support the administrative, reporting/filing, grant writing, and donor management functions of the organization. The position is paid on an hourly basis with an expectation of 10-15 hours of work each month.
- Managing calendar of 501c3 filing requirements and facilitating filing when appropriate
- Managing calendar of grant requirements and deadlines and facilitating process and submission of materials
- Managing calendar and submission of tax filing deadlines for 1099s and for regular filings
- Managing Donor list and thank-you’s
- Managing Mailing List contacts
- Assisting board in creation of annual budgets and financial tracking
- Other items as agreed between the administrator manager and the board, taking into consideration any conflict with other roles with other ensembles
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with non-profit organizations and/or non-profit Boards
- Experience with Board-level communications, grant writing, and/or donor communications
- Experience with Microsoft (or Google) office products, particularly Word and Excel
- Based in Nashville or open to a remote position
As a part-time position, there are no benefits associated with the position.
How to Apply
If you are interested in seeking this position, please send your resume with a brief introduction to Portara’s Artistic Director, Jason Shelton, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: September 27, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 11/01/2021
- Salary Range: $20-$25/hour
- Working Hours: 15 hrs/month