Ronald McDonald House Charities of Nashville
Administrative Manager – Full Time Temporary
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Nashville
Position Description – Responsibilities and Requirements:
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Nashville (RMHC), a nonprofit family residential facility, seeks a full-time, temporary (September 1, 2021 – January 1, 2022) experienced professional to perform the duties of an Administrative Manager. This person must be highly organized with great attention to detail and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Candidates must be people oriented and responsible for the performance of the day-to-day office operations and is the chief business officer of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Nashville. Successful individual will have strong leadership skills, initiative, enthusiasm, dependability, enjoys interaction with children and families, and highly adaptable. RMHC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in our employment, training, compensation, or promotion practices.
Specific Administrative duties include:
• Welcoming all guests and volunteers by greeting them in person or by phone, answering or directing inquiries as needed.
• Scheduling, preparing for and following up on all Board and Committee meetings with Board, Staff and external visitors
• Organizing and maintaining the corporate file system, both electronic and physical
• Handling confidential matters professionally and with discretion
• Entering donations into Exceed, the donor database
• Adding prospective donors to the database
• Producing and mailing or emailing all donor acknowledgement letters
• Ensuring office supplies are maintained, checking inventory and ordering necessary supplies as needed
• Scanning checks received and producing deposit reports
• Entering credit card donations received via Authorize.net and producing reports
• Supporting the Board of Directors and Staff as requested
• Handling accounts receivable/payable and processing due invoices for payments
• Outstanding level of professionalism, independent judgment and discretion
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with a variety of people
• Exemplary collaborative and interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with all stakeholders, including staff, board members, community leaders and the families we serve
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and follow through on issues in a timely manner
• Ability to stay calm and be productive in an innovative, fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to be extremely effective working independently
• Ability to think strategically about the process needed to accomplish projects and tasks
• Willingness to take initiative, learn new things, and step in wherever needed
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, but must be flexible to adjust schedule based on early or late meetings and special events
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience providing administrative support at the executive level. Strong knowledge of MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, donor management software experience a plus and Internet savvy.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy – Ronald McDonald House Charities of Nashville has implemented a vaccination policy effective January 15, 2021, strongly encouraging Covid-19 vaccination(s) (Two (2) doses of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine OR One (1) dose of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine for all employees. This policy was made due to the vulnerable population that we serve. Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should request an accommodation form and submit the form to the Executive Director.
This is a full-time temporary position. Benefits, other than wages, are not included.
How to Apply
Contact Information and Procedure:
If interested in applying for this position please send resume with cover letter by EMAIL or FAX to:
No phone calls, please. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Date Posted: July 14, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 09/01/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hours/week, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday