The Land Trust for Tennessee
The Land Trust for Tennessee
About The Land Trust for Tennessee
The Land Trust for Tennessee (“LTTN”) is a statewide, accredited non-profit land conservation organization with an office in Nashville and an office in Chattanooga. Now in its 20th year, LTTN has protected nearly 135,000 acres through over 400 conservation projects across Tennessee. There are over 1,000 land trusts in the U.S., and in 2020, LTTN won the National Land Trust Excellence Award from the Land Trust Alliance. LTTN seeks an energetic professional to join our collaborative staff and our highly-regarded board in this 30-hour per week position. The position is based in Nashville with a statewide focus, and offers an impactful, demanding work opportunity at one of the nation’s premiere conservation organizations.
The Administrative Coordinator position offers an opportunity to touch all aspects of LTTN’s work. The Administrative Coordinator is an essential role, responsible for office systems, supplies, calendars, files, subscriptions, phones, staff meetings, email, and mail. It is also a role that is critical to the relationships that fuel our mission. The position specifically supports the Operations Manager, the Development & Engagement team, and the President & CEO.
- Manage incoming phone calls, security gate calls, and mail delivery
- Manage the organization’s general information email inbox
- Track RSVPs for virtual and in-person events
- Manage expressions of sympathy to donors and landowners
- Assist with various event preparations and logistics
- Work with Development staff to identify and research individual, corporate, and foundation prospects
- Make follow-up solicitation and thank you calls to donors
- Maintain and update The Land Trust’s online profiles
- Assist with online giving and donor database tasks, including data entry and basic reports
- Complete expense reports and credit card reconciliations for President & CEO
- Arrange group travel plans, itineraries, agendas, and meeting materials
- Ensure that office and mailing supply levels are maintained
- Assist with coordinating Board, Committee, and Trustee Council meetings
- Assist with coordination of internal meetings
- Provide support for annual appeal mailings, including mailing assembly
- Manage organizational Outlook calendar and President & CEO’s calendar
- Manage office vendors, gate codes, and gate database
- Assist with filing and organization of finance and donor files
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- A 2-year or 4-year degree
- At least 1 year of relevant experience
- Ease with communicating effectively verbally and in writing with a variety of people
- Ability to quickly adopt use of software and digital systems (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe products, Quickbooks, and Salesforce)
- Ability to focus in an open office environment
- Ability to maintain privacy of confidential records, correspondence and/or files
- Ability to operate office equipment including but not limited to computer, printer, copier, etc.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and manage different tasks concurrently
- Ability to work independently as well as in an office/team environment
- A valid driver’s license, insurance coverage, an acceptable driving record, and access to a dependable vehicle for statewide travel is required
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
- You enjoy working with all kinds of people.
- You feel a sense of accomplishment when you complete a task.
- You celebrate colleagues’ achievements.
- You multi-task and prioritize assignments well.
- You are a detail-oriented person who also sees the big picture.
- You work well with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Desirable personal attributes include: reliable, energetic, self-motivated, dedicated, team-oriented, practical, adaptable, resilient, ethical.
Salary is commensurate with experience. A generous benefits package is offered.
The Land Trust for Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Kayla McBride, Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: January 25, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Environment
- Salary Range: Negotiable
- Working Hours: 30 hours/wk